No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I think it was on IGN. They just now hired a QA team. So it looks like they wanted an Indie Budget but AAA profit.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, we've already established that Sony is the king of misleading their fans. And really in the case of NMS it was the partnership with Sony that created all this fukkery.

Game would have been better without the partnership. Instead of going with the pure indie exploration/survival angle they started out with, they had to add a $60 price tag and therefore $60 expectations.
:comeon: Don't turn this into a Sony vs Microsoft thread. There's a whole separate thread that was created that I've left open because of that. Keep it in there.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
i don't get the hate... nikkas was doing too much wishful thinking...

"oh man i can't wait to meet up with my friends and get into space battles and cop new guns and build a city"

that's their fault
:stopitslime:Clearly you didnt see all of the interviews leading up to this games launch and videos pretty much stated this would be the case.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:comeon: Don't turn this into a Sony vs Microsoft thread. There's a whole separate thread that was created that I've left open because of that. Keep it in there.
They lied left and right about this game and people are calling them out on it.
That doesn't have squat to do with Sony Vs Microsoft specifically.
Now that other thread meach made, yeah, that one is a complete circus of exaggeration and misinformation.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I said nothing about Sony vs. Microsoft. I gave my opinion on why this game turned out the way it did.
You blamed Sony specifically for the deception. I don't think that's accurate. The No Man's Sky devs are to blame.
With the amount of clear evidence that the devs lied about the way this game would be its going to be difficult to keep negative comments out of the official thread.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You blamed Sony specifically for the deception. I don't think that's accurate. The No Man's Sky devs are to blame.
With the amount of clear evidence that the devs lied about the way this game would be its going to be difficult to keep negative comments out of the official thread.
They are part of it.

After signing that agreement they were beholden to sonys marketing department and the $60 price tag they put on the game. They were not making any of those lofty claims before they signed that agreement. It started out as just an exploration game. Then when we got the $60 price tag and the delay expectations ballooned.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:stopitslime:Clearly you didnt see all of the interviews leading up to this games launch and videos pretty much stated this would be the case.
nah what i saw what the nikka who made the game saying it would be damn near fukking impossible to even find a friend

i distinctly remember that and never for one second thought it would be anything close to a multiplayer.... in fact i made posts in this thread telling nikkas exactly why it would never be, because then people would just go around killing each other and ruin what it was supposed to be about

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I saw the reveal in 2013 when they said it wouldn't be multiplayer. I also saw the Steam page that says "singleplayer"

idk what happened. maybe they tried and it just didn't work. dude always seemed to try and downplay it

Sony NDA probably wouldn't let him give honest answers :sas2:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I saw the reveal in 2013 when they said it wouldn't be multiplayer. I also saw the Steam page that says "singleplayer"

idk what happened. maybe they tried and it just didn't work. dude always seemed to try and downplay it

Sony NDA probably wouldn't let him give honest answers :sas2:

Keep pretending people are making this stuff up. This is directly out of the man's mouth:

Will you be able to play with your friends?
Yeah

Is there a competitive element to this game?
Yeah if you want that, yes. We want everyone to share the same universe. We want people to feel the impact of other players, and they will need to plan, and they will need to cooperate with other players.

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep pretending people are making this stuff up. This is directly out of the man's mouth:

Yeah

Yeah if you want that, yes. We want everyone to share the same universe. We want people to feel the impact of other players, and they will need to plan, and they will need to cooperate with other players.
:mjlol::pachaha: The fukk was that dude thinking saying all that nonsense on various media outlets :deadmanny:

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've played a little bit of it, and it's already getting boring. Honestly, the whole launch has been terrible. The PC performance is a disgrace, and the lies about multiplayer just make it worse.

Their reach exceeded their grasp, and the game basically boils down to inventory management and joyless shooting of Sentinels.

It's basically a super dumbed-down version of Elite: Dangerous but people bought in because of the "experience".

Get a refund and buy Elite: Dangerous brehs

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
I pirated the pc version of this game , don't judge me

Even on my gtx 1080 and overclocked i5 4960k this game runs like shyt

but even worse it looks like shyt.

not even g sync can make this game have smooth frame rates.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Yeah

I know, I've seen the video. but I ain't making shyt up either

First Look: No Man’s Sky

December 9th, 2013

No Man’s Sky isn’t a multiplayer game, in as much as you’ll never see another player.

It’s a singleplayer experience, but one enriched by a community playing with shared purpose.

No Man's Sky on Steam

q4a9OPr.jpg

and none of the promotional videos showed multiplayer

"Will you be able to play with your friends?"

yep, pass the controller :troll:

"Is there a competitive element to this game?"

yep, see who can name the most stuff :troll: