No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i dont believe this game will live up to its high amount of expectations

also the creator is a flat out liar for saying that No Man's sky is an ONLINE game and its possible to come across another player but since there's so much planets its extremely unlikely and wont happen

but No Man's sky doesnt require PS+ to play "online"

lyin ass mfer wonder what else he's lying about
when did they ever say it was an online game where you could meet other players?

from 2013

First Look: No Man’s Sky

It’s a singleplayer experience

No Man’s Sky isn’t a multiplayer game

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea i don't think this game is gonna' live up to the hype :francis: Seems like one of those games which sounds so amazing and grand and comes out and is just decent :yeshrug:
that all depends on what hype are we talking about? make believe hype where people lie to themselves about what this game is about and how its going to work. like peopel telling themselves they will find their friends. when the odds of that happening is so ridiculously low. or others talking about building bases when he clearly said thats not in the original game. some people are lying to themselves. now the rest of hello games tell us exactly what this game was about. and we still like it. so there is no way to overhype reality.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is one of those games that people hyped up for years and I just scratched my head and wondered why. I'll be interested to see how the reception is on it but I never understood why it got so much hype.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
I was super hyped for this game up to about a week ago :krs:

Then the leaks happened :snoop:. Life on every planet? Only 4 intelligent alien species? No ship upgrades? A 20 hour story mode? :russ: :camby:

Glad I didnt fall for it. I was gonna cop first day and stay home from work. I'll still read some reviews but this looks like a $15 buy at best on black friday.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Yep. shyt got me from day one with a day off work to I'm gonna cop... eventually.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was super hyped for this game up to about a week ago :krs:

Then the leaks happened :snoop:. Life on every planet? Only 4 intelligent alien species? No ship upgrades? A 20 hour story mode? :russ: :camby:

Glad I didnt fall for it. I was gonna cop first day and stay home from work. I'll still read some reviews but this looks like a $15 buy at best on black friday.
now we know good and well their are ship upgrades. . and we knew there were only 4 or so intelligent alien speciies. thats was known when factions were announced. people HOPED for more but we knew it was most likely just 4. you never have to go to the center of the universe. so thats your choice. but if you want to get there and only get there and do nothing else. you can probably beat the game so to speak even though the game has no end. this always amazes me. if you choose to basically rush thru or speed run a game then cry about how fast you completed it. lol. thats on you. stop speed running. have a good time with the game. slow down look around,e t.c. and lastly, the leaked copy the guy has is a media copy. everything is nurfed in media copies so they can hurry up and finish the game to give reviews on the game before the game drops. thats how it is in most games. they town down everything and make it easier to play. this is why i take reviews with a grain of salt. i'll wait for real people like you and me to play these games before i read a review and take their word. if you're playing nurfed games you dont even get the real feel for the game.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I dont understand the hype after open world games with story, engaging characters, and missions have offered more content
Theres nothing new that this open world game brings to the table.

This is an online game because planets with nothing to do will endlessly spawn
through some internet power (i.e Minecraft)
giving you the illusion that this is an infinite universe the mechanics really are not that deep.
I dont understand how this was so hyped up, No real story, no mission, no puzzles, no real combat, no creating buildings or your own architect
shyt is essentially a tech demo disguised as a 60 dollar game

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I dont understand the hype after open world games with story, engaging characters, and missions have offered more content
Theres nothing new that this open world game brings to the table.

This is an online game because planets with nothing to do will endlessly spawn
through some internet power (i.e Minecraft)
giving you the illusion that this is an infinite universe the mechanics really are not that deep.
I dont understand how this was so hyped up, No real story, no mission, no puzzles, no real combat, no creating buildings or your own architect
shyt is essentially a tech demo disguised as a 60 dollar game
well a lot of people criticize games for being a checklist of fetch-quests. then a more open-ended game comes out, and it's "what am I supposed to do?"

never the less, games like Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound, DayZ (and clones), etc have been successful

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I bought this on steam a while ago and I don't even know why. :yeshrug:

Well, whatever. I hope they patch in VR support, then it'll be cool.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
well a lot of people criticize games for being a checklist of fetch-quests. then a more open-ended game comes out, and it's "what am I supposed to do?"

never the less, games like Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound, DayZ (and clones), etc have been successful

This game shouldve been a Puzzle game, if its main focus was exploration
We are conditioned to tackle an objective and accomplish them to benefit a reward
Minecraft allowed you to create buildings and shyt that was the main tool of the game which made it its own unique style
Basically this game is all style and no substance

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
This game shouldve been a Puzzle game, if its main focus was exploration
We are conditioned to tackle an objective and accomplish them to benefit a reward
Minecraft allowed you to create buildings and shyt that was the main tool of the game which made it its own unique style
Basically this game is all style and no substance

contrary to popular belief (because people only play Creative Mode), Minecraft has the goal of reaching "The End" and defeating the Ender Dragon. that requires a fairly involved process of finding a Stronghold and repairing it's End Portal

in No Man's Sky your goal is reaching the center of the galaxy. similarly you'll probably have to collect various items to make that journey