Nintendo Switch is under 1.5 million units away from besting PS2's U.S. sales

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah i think that’s why both sony and nintendo have seemingly pushed their hardware plans back. I know the rumors say PS5 pro this year, but if the 2tb series x gotta be $600 then the Pro gone cost $700+ :huhldup:

IDK it just doesn’t make sense to me right now.
PS4 launched for $400, and 3 years later the Pro launched for the same price. I don't think that's gonna happen again

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
And it had no Call of Duty, No Battlefield, no Madden, not GTA 5 port, gimped versions of 2K and FIFA games, it’s powered by a dusty mobile chipset from a decade ago and it never got an official price drop.

Yet it outsold every iteration of the Xbox family combined. :wow:
thata

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
The PS2 sold 160 million, the Switch would have to sell 19 million more to beat the PS2, that's not happening
The Nintendo Switch is projected to sell 13 million units in FY2025
There still hasn't been an official price drop
The system has a growing emulation community

It's definitely happening.

Last edited:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Yup, they gone really have to convince people to upgrade.

They’ve created an environment where their fans don’t really care about technical upgrades.

Just telling people switch 2 will get them the same games with better graphics isn’t gonna get most people to run out and buy a switch 2.

They are gonna need a new gimmick or they are just gonna have to kill switch 1 so people are forced to upgrade

Gonna be interesting to see where they go from here :ehh:
I actually don‘t agree with this. I totally expect the Switch 2 to be a runaway hit, especially if there’s a killer app out the gate.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
And it had no Call of Duty, No Battlefield, no Madden, not GTA 5 port, gimped versions of 2K and FIFA games, it’s powered by a dusty mobile chipset from a decade ago and it never got an official price drop.

Yet it outsold every iteration of the Xbox family combined. :wow:
:wow:Crazy

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I remember when Gamecube was third place, it felt like Sony shut the door on all these gaming companies and Nintendo was DOA. They bounced back with the Wii but then the Wii U dropped and that shyt was pure garbage and they looked dead again. Then they come with the Switch and now here we are 20 years after the PS2 era and Nintendo is back on top and they're gunning for the PS2 in terms of all time sales. Such a crazy turn of events. :wow:
I still play the WII U, I think the concept of having a big as screen to control the main game on TV is still the most innovative gaming experience

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Console sales matter again?

You acting like 50 Cent in 2007 when Kanye outsold him. He was on that "b b b bu but Im gonna retire!" :sadbron: phase and his music career never been the same since.

Sony is like :whoa: and not knowing how to approach Nintendo's Switch 2.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually don‘t agree with this. I totally expect the Switch 2 to be a runaway hit, especially if there’s a killer app out the gate.

It is going to be a massive hit, as always this forum is clueless when it comes to Nintendo. Everyone here said the Switch was going to be a failure. :deadrose: