BREAKING: Nintendo & Pokemon company are officially suing Palworld developers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

[Nintendo website] News release "Regarding the filing of a patent infringement lawsuit against Pocket Pair Co., Ltd." has been posted.

Filing of Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Pocket Pair Inc.​

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Minami-ku, Kyoto, President & CEO: Shuntaro Furukawa, hereinafter referred to as "the Company"), in collaboration with The Pokémon Company, filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Pocket Pair Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: 2-10-2 Higashi-Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, hereinafter referred to as the "Defendant") in the Tokyo District Court on September 18, 2024.
This lawsuit seeks an injunction against infringement and damages for allegedly infringing multiple patents by the game "Palworld" developed and distributed by the defendant.
In order to protect our important intellectual property, which we have built up through many years of efforts, we will continue to take necessary measures against infringement of intellectual property, including our brand.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Ngl I forgot all about this game

I guess the strategy was to wait until palworld made enough money to make it worth going after the publisher. It’s a Japanese game that was revealed 3 years ago, so they could have easily went after them and got it shut down back then if they really wanted to.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Apparently its not copyright infringement its about gameplay patents. AKA its not about the designs

Nintendo files dozens of patents a year on gameplay mechanics and im sure they have as many for Pokemon. Seems like Pocketpair didn’t ’check in’ with yakuza boss Nintendo

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Apparently its not copyright infringement its about patents.

Nintendo files dozens of patents a year on gameplay mechanics and im sure they have as many for Pokemon. Seems like Pocketpair didn’t ’check in’ with yakuza boss Nintendo
I don’t play geshin impact but isn’t that basically like Zelda botw?