Nikola Jokic Erasing The Carmelo Anthony Era Appreciation Thread

Daps
@Flex Grossman @T.he I.nformant @nightwing2016 And all the other Nuggets brehs I cant remember:lolbron:

Nikola Jokić Impresses in Nuggets’ First-Round Victory | Denver Nuggets

The Nuggets were consistently led by Jokić throughout the series, who finished the series averaging 23.1 points, 12.1 rebounds and 9.1 assists per game on 48.2 percent shooting from the field.

"He's risen to the (playoff) occasion and beyond,” Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said prior to Game 7. “The fact is that even though the stakes went up, it didn't diminish his play."

Jokić certainly looked comfortable picking apart San Antonio’s defense in the first round. Game 6 showcased Jokić’s talents, as he dropped 43 points on 63 percent shooting from the field, all while grabbing 12 rebounds and dishing out nine assists. The 43 points is a franchise playoff record for Denver, as Jokić was the driving force in keeping the Nuggets in the game through three quarters.

:wow:We out the dark days
:wow:8th youngest team in playoff history, young core overachieving

Only #15 we recognize is Jokic. They can retire #1 for Melo in honor of all the times he got the Nuggets out the first round:yeshrug:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they got to WCF with melo, they ain't getting to the WCF with the joker.

at least not this year.

this probably their best opportunity too though. with the Houston/GS matching up in the semi-finals + blazers missing nurkic.

yet they barely got past the biggest jobbers spurs team i ever saw.

:wow:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Melo is goin the route of "Big Dawg" Glenn Robinson.....

A respected/talented scorer from his era...that will be overshadowed and eventually forgotten in comparison to his peers from his era (Wade, LBJ, Paul, etc.)...:ehh:

I say good...:pacspit:

I remember when ppl attempted to say he'd be better than LBJ due to his earlier successes and comin off that Cuse chip....:dead:

FOH....View media item 11374

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
The Nuggets had a better record than the Knicks post-Melo trade. The Melo era was erased the second he left the team.

tim-legler-drew-a-sad-face-over-carmelo-anthonys-sad-face.gif

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Nuggets were in the playoffs every year with Melo. Surrounded by scrubs getting tossed by prime Spurs, Mavericks and that smooth Clippers and Utah team.

Melo never had the depth other stars had. Not to mention George Karl.

Glad to see Melo is still thrown under the bus by Fairweather NBA fans.

Daps
Nuggets were in the playoffs every year with Melo. Surrounded by scrubs getting tossed by prime Spurs, Mavericks and that smooth Clippers and Utah team.

Melo never had the depth other stars had. Not to mention George Karl.

Glad to see Melo is still thrown under the bus by Fairweather NBA fans.
Fat Iverson can't elevate anyone, his greatest contribution to the Nuggets was helping Masai rob the Knicks:yeshrug: