nikkas really want extra paddles on the back of they controllers like that? What is the appeal

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Would have come in handy in elden ring so i could have put crouch on it instead of it being tied to the movement analog stick and accidentally crouching or dismounting torrent while running from or to an enemy

But idk its more just an extra convenience that i can easily live without. I assume future consoles they will be standard. Its more for competitive players than anything i do

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
you can use 2 for left and right thumb stick. Avoids stick drift.

The two others for something like jump and slide.

In an fps you never have to take your fingers off of the thumb sticks.

Rostating through the skill tree inn eso on a controller.

Pretty much every game you benefit from having more button as your disposal without needing to take your thumbs off of the analog sticks.

The Division added d-pad functions to the paddles.

It’s really nothing to memorize if you always play on them.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
you can use 2 for left and right thumb stick. Avoids stick drift.

The two others for something like jump and slide.

In an fps you never have to take your fingers off of the thumb sticks.

Rostating through the skill tree inn eso on a controller.

Pretty much every game you benefit from having more button as your disposal without needing to take your thumbs off of the analog sticks.

The Division added d-pad functions to the paddles.

It’s really nothing to memorize if you always play on them.
Does clicking the analog sticks cause drift sooner in the lifecycle of a controller?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Does clicking the analog sticks cause drift sooner in the lifecycle of a controller?
I haven’t experienced it since I’ve made that change full time and that’s on two elites gen 1 and gen 2.

My coworker explained to me that the click and directional movement puts more strain on the copper ring increasing wear.

no reason not to trust him considering what he does.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Having jump and crouch buttons assigned to your back paddles allows you to simultaneously adjust your aim while doing those actions in shooters

I always use my elite controller when playing shooters for this reason, once you get used to it you never want to go back. It’s pretty much a must have for competitive play. I’m so used to jumping with the paddle in Destiny I don’t think I’ve actually pressed the A button on that game in over a year

If it makes sense for other games I’ll make a configuration for it and map whatever buttons I need on the paddle. For example in Elden ring I made 2 paddles act as left and right D-Pad buttons so I can cycle weapons/items in my hands while still moving, keeping my thumb on the analog stick. Useful in boss fights or otherwise tricky situations where every split second counts

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Someone please explain because it seems like too many finger movements to memorize

I usually set the left one to jump and the right one to crouch and youll be way better with attrition in FPS games.

Similarly, left barrel roll and right barrel roll for Rocket League, or shift up and down in sim racing like GT7.