Nicolas Cage Says He's Done His Best Work in the Last 10 Years

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Nicolas Cage Says He's Done His Best Work in the Last 10 Years

Nicolas Cage fan favorites extend all the way back to his earliest films, but while celebrating the upcoming release of The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Cage insisted that he’s only delivered some of his very best work in recent years.

Cage headlines Massive Talent as a fictionalized version of himself. His career has stalled and he’s buried in debt, so when his manager offers him an opportunity to earn $1 million by attending a superfan’s birthday party in Mallorca, he reluctantly takes it. Despite the sour attitude, upon arriving, Nic sparks a meaningful connection with his host, Javi (Pedro Pascal). However, just as he’s certain he’s found a kindred spirit, Nic is contacted by the CIA. Turns out, Javi is a criminal and the CIA wants Nic’s help investigating him.

With The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent due out in theaters on April 22nd, I got the chance to have a quick chat with Cage about his experience making the film. After discussing his influence on the project as a producer, and his insistence on giving the movie more Tom Gormican flavor, we took a step back to address his entire body of work

Cage’s filmography is packed with bold, daring, and highly unique roles. When someone shows off that much range and such a willingness to go big and take risks, one’s got to wonder, does anything scare Nicolas Cage? Has he ever been offered a role but had to pass because he didn’t think he could do it? Here’s what he said:

“This was the most terrifying thing I’ve ever done in my entire body of work. I think I’ve done some of the best work in the last 10 years of my entire life and I put Massive Talent in that period, which has been, in some ways, marginalized by certain folks in the media. But I think I’ll put Pig and Massive Talent and Mandy and Color Out Of Space and Bad Lieutenant and Joe and The Trust and The Runner up against anything I did in the first 30 years. But in all that time, in the 43 years I’ve been doing it, Massive Talent is hands down the scariest thing I’ve ever done.”

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
He had to work off the debt but the dna of all his modern work has been there from the start. This intense artist weirdo cage is who he has always been/wanted to be fully. Go watch/rewatch Vampire's Kiss. It's in there.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I dunno if I would go that far but I do appreciate him making some smaller offbeat genre movies like Mandy, Pig and Color Out of Space. He could easily be getting those second banana supporting character in a Marvel movie checks but he does seems more interested in going a little more unconventional (even if its mixed in with a lot of cheap direct to streaming crap).

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Haven't seen the rest mentioned, but he was really good in Pig. Expected some bullshyt, but he was in the zone :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as being an actual actor and not just....Nicolas Caging it up on screen....he's probably right.

Fred.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like B movies to be honest. Some of his movies have been good, some not.

I enjoyed Primal :manny:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I dunno if I would go that far but I do appreciate him making some smaller offbeat genre movies like Mandy, Pig and Color Out of Space. He could easily be getting those second banana supporting character in a Marvel movie checks but he does seems more interested in going a little more unconventional (even if its mixed in with a lot of cheap direct to streaming crap).
Nicolas Cage has already been in a marvel movie.

Lol

I just looked at his last 10 movies

breh on some garbage ass Van Damme shyt :pachaha:
isnt his movie coming out in a week in theaters one of the highest rated movies in a long time ?