Nick Khan Is Outchea Trying To Hustle Tony & Shad Into Increasing Their Bid

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there is renewed interest in WWE in possibly signing NJPW star Kazuchika Okada at some point. WWE has been interested in Okada for years, but he has been loyal to NJPW.
The idea is that Okada is now 36 and friends with Shinsuke Nakamura, who has been able to work for years in WWE with less toll on his body. WWE is the one thing Okada hasn’t done and he’s done everything in New Japan. One source noted that the reason Nakamura has been getting pushed in recent months is to show Okada that the people in charge will not treat Japanese wrestlers poorly. Specifically, they will not be pushed in a “stereotypical children-like role”. That was said to be something Vince McMahon did with wrestlers who didn’t speak fluent English.

TL:DR

Nick Khan is putting out "feelers" so Shad & the Kid will have to overspend on their next #GameChanger. In a nutshell, this:

Last edited:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
We don't need this.

Also nak lost to a broken back mane three times idk how this is solid showing

White City Black

Weed, Rocks, Blow
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Yea I’d be concerned about how Okada would be presented and pushed

Which is messed up, because dude could come off as a star in WWE. At best, he’d possibly get the Asuka “they’re run isn’t really that bad” treatment

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
If I was a top Japanese star I wouldnt sign with WWE based on how Nakamura has been treated. If he can’t be a world champion who over there could?
Probably only Okada, which isn't to say he'd be a champ either. But he's the one guy who it's reasonable for him to think he'd be treated better. He's bigger, younger, better looking, a bigger star, etc.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Probably only Okada, which isn't to say he'd be a champ either. But he's the one guy who it's reasonable for him to think he'd be treated better. He's bigger, younger, better looking, a bigger star, etc.
Okada isn’t half the character Nakamura is though. I love dude but his whole thing is that he’s just indignantly cool.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I'mma say this.
And I shouldn't.
But I'mma say it.

in 2023, Konosuke Takeshyta > Okada, Tanahashi, Ibushi and Nakamura. And he's already signed somewhere.

if WWE is trying to steal anyone from Japan right now, 9/10 of the list should probably be Joshi, and 0/10 of the list should be over 30.
What's a 36 year old Kazuchika gonna do in WWE but get booked to lose to Orton? We mock AEW for their 'dream matches' that no one gives a shyt to see by the time they are done... this is exactly the same.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I'mma say this.
And I shouldn't.
But I'mma say it.

in 2023, Konosuke Takeshyta > Okada, Tanahashi, Ibushi and Nakamura. And he's already signed somewhere.

if WWE is trying to steal anyone from Japan right now, 9/10 of the list should probably be Joshi, and 0/10 of the list should be over 30.
What's a 36 year old Kazuchika gonna do in WWE but get booked to lose to Orton? We mock AEW for their 'dream matches' that no one gives a shyt to see by the time they are done... this is exactly the same.
Takeshyta should be booked as AEW’s final boss low key. Same way Paul Heyman booked Masato Tanaka