Next time you hear someone defend gays & **** think of this

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
We live in a society that is structured around many different hierarchies of power, authority, and difference. As Foucault brilliantly observed, Power is not sitting out there in the ether, an abstraction that we just talk about in philosophy classes. Power acts through and upon bodies. Certain people are racialized in American society for example. Their bodies are locations of power--and yes resistance. Likewise, certain types of bodies are marked as "normal," while others are deemed "different" or "abnormal."

The "popular" imagination holds many assumptions about particular types of bodies. The black male body is something to be policed, controlled, and feared. It is both envied and despised. The Asian female body is "erotic" and "submissive." The black female body alternates between being fecund, always available, and out of control, while simultaneously being marked as "masculine," asexual, and unattractive. Latinas are "hot" and "sexy." White bodies of a certain type are taken as the baseline for what is considered "beautiful" or "normal."

We are respectable negroes: Playing with Sex, Power, and Race: Did You Know That There Are "Plantation Retreats" Where Black People Go to Serve Their White "Masters?"

plantationretreat1.gif

They called it :scusthov: Plantation Retreat.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read some more of it and realized that it isn't all sex. Some of these "slaves" are just used for hard labor. :what:

I don't know what to call that. Some of these fools aren't even getting off, they're just working on a fukking plantation as slaves. That's some grade A c00nery.

On the other hand, I don't care as long as there's another plantation where the roles are reversed. Now that would be interesting. :lolbron:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
this fukked up perverted c00nery aint got shet to do with regular gays like don lemon and anderson cooper... let gays get married if for no other reason to piss off rightwing chicken shets.