Next big Naughty Dog game being worked on – "We're already into our next project – We picked the thing we were most excited for"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

- The Last Of Us Online is their next one game to be released, lots of info "coming later in the year"
- Naughty Dog has restructured to be able to develop multiple games at the same time (be it new IPs, sequels or both).
- The studio now has a large team of producers, game directors and writers that allow them to be more organized.
- The next big thing after TLOU Online is already into development and although he acknowledges the fan request for a TLOU Part 3, the next project has already been chosen and it's something that the whole studio chose because it's something that will keep everyone excited for years to come.
- TLOU Online is the first TLOU project that he was "just" producing/overseeing", as he wasn't its main director or writer.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean would they pick something they aren't excited to do?

The assumption is that Sony would be kicking doors down and forcing them to make a sequel for the hit game and tv show that just aired. Plenty of studios don’t have that autonomy

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I wonder how rich he is?

And I guess he’s famous to a certain segment of the population

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The assumption is that Sony would be kicking doors down and forcing them to make a sequel for the hit game and tv show that just aired. Plenty of studios don’t have that autonomy

They aren't just going to stop something they are in the process of:childplease:

But as soon as they are finished you can bet TLOU 3 is starting. Factions, New IP, TLOU3