New York's Chopped Cheese has come to L.A. , from Harlem to Hollywood

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So the chopped cheese is just a loose meat sandwich with burger toppings, or is there some NY secret stuff in there that I don't know about?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
@neph27
You made a comment about New York made bread in the recent Bacon, Egg, Cheese sandwich thread.
The owner says something similar when the convo turns to BEC
My thinking is this, if NY water is that different then isn't possible to replicate it using the same minerals or process they treat it with in NYC? Couldn't they acheive this with a filter or something?

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
So a mince meat sandwich? what makes that shyt so special?

and all those brehs :flabbynsick: which makes me think that food might not be that healthy

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
My thinking is this, if NY water is that different then isn't possible to replicate it using the same minerals or process they treat it with in NYC? Couldn't they acheive this with a filter or something?

Nah...that's why they actually ship nyc water to different places trying to replicate authentic ny cuisine...pizza and bagels tend to be the most affected.

Mind you,I wouldn't drink NYC tap water if you paid me,unless the shyt was triple filtered and went through reverse osmosis,but I will acknowledge that from being in about half of the states and a handful of other countries,we have some of the best tasting tap water available.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
So a mince meat sandwich? what makes that shyt so special?

and all those brehs :flabbynsick: which makes me think that food might not be that healthy

Nothing makes it special. It takes skill to make a legit good burger so them bodega spots just used chopped up meat because it’s quicker and easier.