New TV, new everything?

morris

Superstar
Daps
Thinking about buying a new 4K OLED for 2020.

1. Do I need too buy a new HDMI (2.1) cable as well?
2. If no soundbar, will the audio be fine as is on the TV (debating a Sony or LG)
3. Do I need a new video processor as I hook up my pc to the TV's HDMI?
4. If I buy a gaming console (PS4 or Steam) are they up to date?

Thanks in advance

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Thinking about buying a new 4K OLED for 2020.

1. Do I need too buy a new HDMI (2.1) cable as well?
2. If no soundbar, will the audio be fine as is on the TV (debating a Sony or LG)
3. Do I need a new video processor as I hook up my pc to the TV's HDMI?
4. If I buy a gaming console (PS4 or Steam) are they up to date?

Thanks in advance

1. You don't have to however if you wanna future proof for new devices it can't hurt.
2. IMO, no tv will do what a soundbar (wireless w/sub) will do. Get a soundbar.
3. Depends on what you are doing with the pc. If you are gaming, the graphics card and PSU in the pc will make a difference on what resolution and frame rate you can game at and have things playable and looking good.
4. Any current gaming console you can update to the latest firmware/software update they have available. Steam if ran on PC would just need to have the latest update like any of the programs on PC.

morris

Superstar
Daps
1. You don't have to however if you wanna future proof for new devices it can't hurt.
2. IMO, no tv will do what a soundbar (wireless w/sub) will do. Get a soundbar.
3. Depends on what you are doing with the pc. If you are gaming, the graphics card and PSU in the pc will make a difference on what resolution and frame rate you can game at and have things playable and looking good.
4. Any current gaming console you can update to the latest firmware/software update they have available. Steam if ran on PC would just need to have the latest update like any of the programs on PC.
ARep

will return to ask more in a few weeks most likely

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
If you're not getting a soundbar check the different models of oled. Some of them come with better sound that's supposed to be pretty good. They would be more expensive though.

Personally I'd opt for some kind of external set up.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

damn...I ordered a samsung* and was about to pick it up in a couple hours...but I’m reading some good reviews about this...I may end up getting the vizio and canceling the other joint...thanks

*https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...Vi5OzCh0cBAYlEAQYASABEgIAb_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps