5 sets of Jumping Burpees til failure
3 sets of pushups til failure
2 sets of 20 hanging knee raises
2 sets of 20 dips
2 sets of pull ups til failure
3 sets of 10 weighted barbell squats
2 sets of 20 dumbbell calf raises

3 mile run 3x/week

Started the program yesterday but I’ve been running all summer. I like it because I’m not in the gym as long. Main goal is to bring my weight (173) down (160) and cut my run time to 7 min/mile. Averaging 9 minutes currently.

Probably going to add chin ups too and increase my sets on everything but squats.

I’ll be using this as my diary

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got 7 minutes the first mile but ended up averaging 8:34/per mile. Bringing legs up higher to my glutes seemed to help me travel further. Stopped twice for 15 sec during second and third mile. Maybe I can run a 5 minute mile one day.

Gym work this morning. Sore af last time I went to gym day after run. We’ll see what happens.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got 7 minutes the first mile but ended up averaging 8:34/per mile. Bringing legs up higher to my glutes seemed to help me travel further. Stopped twice for 15 sec during second and third mile. Maybe I can run a 5 minute mile one day.

Gym work this morning. Sore af last time I went to gym day after run. We’ll see what happens.
Did everything except weights dips and hanging knee raises since I was at the track.

Subbed 3 100m sprints for the weights.

Hitting weights later if I get back in time. Spirited session on an empty stomach.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did everything except weights dips and hanging knee raises since I was at the track.

Subbed 3 100m sprints for the weights.

Hitting weights later if I get back in time. Spirited session on an empty stomach.
Great session. Not as sore as Saturday evening’s session. Increased burpees per set, dips and calf raises. Increased weight on squats.

Woman noticed increased upper body size. Tris are much bigger than before. Seems like I gained muscle. Quads are getting toner but not bigger. I’ll take it. Think I’ll stick to weights 2x a week only.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Great session. Did my 3mile run albeit on the treadmill. Time wasn’t as good as outdoors. Much rather run outside. Did squats afterwards, amazed at the burst of energy I got on the last two sets. This movement was the second to last I did.

Got hanging knee raises in, dips, pull ups, chin ups and calf raises in. Added jumping jacks, side bend extensions, medicine ball mountain climbers and bench press while I was waiting 45 min for the squat rack. Gonna fast The rest of the evening see how I feel in the am.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Put in a 3 mile run and 1 mile walk. My cardio is great, feeling like I can do more but my legs were blasted after 3 miles. Especially my calves. Went hard on them yesterday, more than usual with increased weight. Might have to give myself a rest day after stacking cardio and strength training on the same day. I'll see what the repercussions are tomorrow.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Went on a 4 mile walk today with my son. Calf is doing much better tonight. Got some push-ups in earlier. Gonna hit the gym tomorrow.

Noticing weight loss in my face.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
haven't been updating but i'm still working. Had to modify my program to decrease love handles and make my trunk tight & stronger.

10x3 hex bar dead lift
5x6 barbell squat
10x3 side extensions
12x3 pull ups, various grips
15x3 chin ups
medicine ball mountain climbers til failurex3
elevated sit-ups, highest setting 20x2, til failurex1
push ups til failurex2 (max in one set 75)
hanging knee raise 20x3
hanging leg raise 20x3

No longer consuming bread. Eating half of what I used to eat. Weight is now 167 pounds. Strength has increased, muscles have better def, I'm faster with this new program. Probably will get down to 160 and see how I like that size. I'm happy with my current size now though.

Been slacking on cardio since it's colder out. No excuses gotta do something.

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
haven't been updating but i'm still working. Had to modify my program to decrease love handles and make my trunk tight & stronger.

10x3 hex bar dead lift
5x6 barbell squat
10x3 side extensions
12x3 pull ups, various grips
15x3 chin ups
medicine ball mountain climbers til failurex3
elevated sit-ups, highest setting 20x2, til failurex1
push ups til failurex2 (max in one set 75)
hanging knee raise 20x3
hanging leg raise 20x3

No longer consuming bread. Eating half of what I used to eat. Weight is now 167 pounds. Strength has increased, muscles have better def, I'm faster with this new program. Probably will get down to 160 and see how I like that size. I'm happy with my current size now though.

Been slacking on cardio since it's colder out. No excuses gotta do something.
Hey have you thought about incorporating sprints?
I do them I have noticed a huge increase in my overall stamina.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hey have you thought about incorporating sprints?
I do them I have noticed a huge increase in my overall stamina.
I do at the end of my run uphill but haven't since it's been getting colder here in MA. I'll probably replace them with suicides on the court.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still doing the routine from 10/19/18. Except the sit ups. Currently at 166. Strength has increased on squats and bench press. Have not upped hex bar deadlift yet. Will tomorrow. Been training every 3 days. Pretty much just not over-eating and continue to stay away from supermarket bread. I may eat a fresh croissant with my egg in the morning.

Wife is very happy with the results. She said my arms are bigger. Clothes fit great. Libido is strong. Just going to continue forward. Started playing ball again. Life is good.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Switched up my program completely. Now I bang out as many push ups as possible < 60 seconds everyday. Use two 45 lb kettlebells for front/back squats, 3x a week .I jump rope intensely for 20 minutes every day. Lastly I use resistance bands with an anchor everyday. I am quite impressed by the versatility of the bands and I actually get a pump. Since I cut out the weights I lost some size (15 pounds) however I still feel strong.I think I'll play it this way during the warmer months and hit the weights in colder months.

Last edited:
Daps
Just started doing:

Sunday:
Squats - 5 sets
Leg press - 5 sets
Stiffleg deadlifts - 3 sets
hamstring curls - 3 sets

Monday:
Flat bench Superset with Dumbell curls - 5 sets
Incline Bench superset with Barbell curls - 5 sets
cross overs superset with single arm cable row - 3 sets