New Phone Erased Photos on SD Card- Help

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Edit- SD card rather
Thought I'd ask my knowledgeable Coli brethren.
:mjcry:
I got a new phone couple weeks ago. Put in old sim card from old phone (android). Noticed only older pictures from my last phone were accessible from the gallery. Sim was about full so I figured recent photos were being saved only to the old phone. For a few days, on the new phone I'd get messages about the Sim unmounting randomly. That has since stopped, but today I looked in the gallery and don't see any pics at all from the Sim. Furthermore, a lot of space opened in the Sim looking in the folder and I don't see any photo files on the drive. It's like they were randomly deleted, what the fukk.

Anyone ran into this before, help!
:sadbron:

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sorry, no advice on what to do with the missing photos.

For the future though, download and sync your pics using Google Photos. It has unlimited storage and saves any photos you have to the cloud.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Samsung?

Happens to me when I upgrade. But everything is synced onto google photos anyways so it's not too much of a fuss for me.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
If you can fin a usb card reader for the sim, you can find a good recovery software like Stellar Phoenix and recover most if not all of the data. Unelss it is damaged of course.

But I recovered 90% off a failed hard drive, took like 8 hours but mostly everything was captured. A few of the pics have missing pixels, but its better than nothing. Rather a black line in the pic than have lost it

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
If you can fin a usb card reader for the sim, you can find a good recovery software like Stellar Phoenix and recover most if not all of the data. Unelss it is damaged of course.

But I recovered 90% off a failed hard drive, took like 8 hours but mostly everything was captured. A few of the pics have missing pixels, but its better than nothing. Rather a black line in the pic than have lost it
Reformatting it would erase it completely right?
Then I'm not sure if that's already happened. Crazy cause the music files I dragged and dropped on the sim using a computer are still on it. Iirc, the photos were in a folder called DCIM but it is no longer there at all.

I'll look for the software thanks. I'm pretty sure I backed up the important pics on a pc before but I'm wracking my brain here at work. Don't wanna lose the photos and vid on my son's birth.
I literally just moved the card from one phone to the other. Don't know how this could happen
:snoop:

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lutoreteam.photorecovery.recoverdeletedphoto

I've personally used this app before to recover deleted photos so I can tell you it works BUT it only found maybe 85% of the photos deleted. Still better than nothing. Might as well give it a try
Hell yeah, thanks man. It is finding some but a small portion so far. I'm gonna wait to begin restoring because I want to plug in a pc to see the SD first, also check if I did backup the fotos/vids I need. I don't want to write to the card by mistake and writeover the data. But this gives me some hope. Rep for that
You know if this app would pickup video files too?

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Reformatting it would erase it completely right?
Then I'm not sure if that's already happened. Crazy cause the music files I dragged and dropped on the sim using a computer are still on it. Iirc, the photos were in a folder called DCIM but it is no longer there at all.

I'll look for the software thanks. I'm pretty sure I backed up the important pics on a pc before but I'm wracking my brain here at work. Don't wanna lose the photos and vid on my son's birth.
I literally just moved the card from one phone to the other. Don't know how this could happen
:snoop:

Not at all. There's a few recovery software's like the one I mentioned that will search for files that have been deleted or lost during formatting.

Can't say how well it will work for you, but I know for me, I got back 90% of my stuff from one hard drive and on another old PSP memory stick got back like 60% of my pics

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Hell yeah, thanks man. It is finding some but a small portion so far. I'm gonna wait to begin restoring because I want to plug in a pc to see the SD first, also check if I did backup the fotos/vids I need. I don't want to write to the card by mistake and writeover the data. But this gives me some hope. Rep for that
You know if this app would pickup video files too?
How to Recover Deleted Videos from SD Card
Another site I've personally used that works. It's a lil more complex to use tho. Also, dont listen to no one in here talking about reformatting the sd card. You will lose everything FOR GOOD. Try recovery programs first