Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
tuHOpvS.jpg

fLbU5yu.jpg

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
As a horror movie, yeah, I agree. It was more just a dope, Stand By Me type movie. Never really scary tho aside from one or two jump scares and a couple creepy scenes.
How about just as a movie in general?? I don't get viewing a film by the scare o meter. It was an effective horror movie & it transcends the genre as being a good movie in general. Just because it wasn't the scariest thing you've ever seen has no bearing on the quality of the film. We're all older now, there isn't going to be a movie that terrifies us every moment like the miniseries was like when we were kids.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about just as a movie in general?? I don't get viewing a film by the scare o meter. It was an effective horror movie & it transcends the genre as being a good movie in general. Just because it wasn't the scariest thing you've ever seen has no bearing on the quality of the film. We're all older now, there isn't going to be a movie that terrifies us every moment like the miniseries was like when we were kids.

That's pretty much what I said, or meant to say at least. I think it's a good movie but I can see how someone going in looking for a legit scary movie would he underwhelmed

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
That's pretty much what I said, or meant to say at least. I think it's a good movie but I can see how someone going in looking for a legit scary movie would he underwhelmed
Expectations will absolutely fukk your enjoyment of a film. Stop it people. There's only been a few films that met or exceeded my expectations that I built up, blade runner 2049 comes to mind but I've made it a point to try to not expect anything from a movie. I know it's difficult to do sometimes though. I still think IT had some really creepy moments, it just wasn't constant scares.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Expectations will absolutely fukk your enjoyment of a film. Stop it people. There's only been a few films that met or exceeded my expectations that I built up, blade runner 2049 comes to mind but I've made it a point to try to not expect anything from a movie. I know it's difficult to do sometimes though. I still think IT had some really creepy moments, it just wasn't constant scares.
If the original was any indicator it was meant to not really be scary and more so a thriller. If they wanted it to really be scary the mini series would’ve just been a horror full length movie off rip
Plus the universe of stories IT exists in honestly doesn’t have a lot of horror anyway

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
If the original was any indicator it was meant to not really be scary and more so a thriller. If they wanted it to really be scary the mini series would’ve just been a horror full length movie off rip
Plus the universe of stories IT exists in honestly doesn’t have a lot of horror anyway
......did you read the book?