New Orleans father shoots and kills his son's accused killer on his way to court

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Father arrested in ‘street justice’ killing of son’s alleged murderer

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Police have arrested a man accused of killing a murder suspect and wounding his mother Tuesday morning.

According to the New Orleans Police Department, Bokio Johnson, 46, shot and killed Hollis Carter, 21, who was heading to court for the slaying of an Edna Karr student and his sister.

Carter was out on bond despite facing two second-degree murder charges in the March 2021 deaths of Caleb Johnson, 18, and his sister Breyiana Brown, 25.

Detectives believe Carter shot and killed the siblings during a gun sale gone wrong. A third unidentified person suffered non-fatal injuries in the shooting.

On Tues., March 23, Carter was headed to court when Bokio Johnson allegedly shot him in the head and injured his mother in their vehicle.

Johnson faces second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder charges.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Double murder suspect, out on bond, murdered while heading to court

332115.jpg

I was just reading this on the gun memorial site earlier

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Carter was out on bond in spite of being charged with 2 counts of second-degree murder, for the March 2021 deaths of 18-year-old Karr High student Caleb Johnson and his 25-year-old sister Breyiana Brown, who was killed wearing an ankle monitor. She was released from jail in spite of a manslaughter guilty verdict, which was thrown out because it was rendered by a non-unanimous jury.

She killed someone

gets killed while wearing an ankle monitor

the guy that killed her then gets killed on his way to court

New Orleans is different

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Carter was out on bond in spite of being charged with 2 counts of second-degree murder, for the March 2021 deaths of 18-year-old Karr High student Caleb Johnson and his 25-year-old sister Breyiana Brown, who was killed wearing an ankle monitor. She was released from jail in spite of a manslaughter guilty verdict, which was thrown out because it was rendered by a non-unanimous jury.

Basically a string of revenge killings..:snoop:

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
She killed someone

gets killed while wearing an ankle monitor

the guy that killed her then gets killed on his way to court

New Orleans is different
Basically a string of revenge killings..:snoop:
Imagine living in a city where someone that has 2 other murder charges was released on bond and walking the streets selling guns while on house arrest. There's obviously no justice in new Orleans but street justice. I been there 95% of my life and the police are the most unreliable public service in the state. Not saying the killers are justified but dude probably would've been free from that murder too.

Some people on here always talking about people need to handle business if the police don't well there ya go. Business was handled... Multiple times

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
An endless circle of revenge and murder that plagues black communities :francis:
So the failure of the justice system isn't a bigger issue here? How does a person get a bond for 2 murder charges? Had the justice system done it's job in the first place he wouldn't be selling guns to a high school student and wouldn't been able to be touched. Let's put the blame where it's supposed to be and not just blame black people for everything like everyone already does.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I was reading that the two who were killed were trying to rob the guy during a gun sale.

If it was a robbery gone bad that might explain why dude wound up getting bail

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
So the failure of the justice system isn't a bigger issue here? How does a person get a bond for 2 murder charges? Had the justice system done it's job in the first place he wouldn't be selling guns to a high school student and wouldn't been able to be touched. Let's put the blame where it's supposed to be and not just blame black people for everything like everyone already does.

Right, but:

Woman convicted of manslaughter in drug-related 2016 killing in N.O. East

A New Orleans jury convicted a woman Thursday night of manslaughter for the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old woman from Denham Springs in June 2016.

The jury deliberated for more than three hours before convicting Breyiana Brown, 22. She faces a maximum 40-year sentence at a July 9 hearing in front of Criminal District Court Judge Keva Landrum-Johnson.

The three-day trial centered on the relationship between Brown, an admitted drug dealer, and Michelle Verasmende, a recent high school graduate who had struggled with substance abuse problems.

Authorities alleged that Brown and a still unidentified man shot Verasmende in the parking lot of the Mark VII apartments in New Orleans East on July 13, 2016, in a dispute over a drug debt. They said Verasmende had stolen heroin that Brown intended to sell.

"While some tend to diminish the humanity of victims in drug-related killings, no one deserves to die so violently over substance abuse issues, especially at a young age. We appreciate that this panel gave our victim the empathy and justice she deserves,” Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro said in a statement.

Brown was charged with second-degree murder, but the jury convicted her on the lesser crime of manslaughter. She also was convicted of obstruction of justice in a homicide investigation, possession with the intent to distribute cocaine and illegal possession of a stolen firearm.

And then we have this:

Double murder suspect, out on bond, murdered while heading to court

“Even though Breyiana Brown was the target, her brother was murdered and his acquaintance who was there was also wounded showing the collateral damage,”

From what i understand the sister of the victim also killed a woman, unfortunately the young brother got caught in the get back.

I'm not blaming the father for his revenge, but where was he when his daughter killed someone else? :jbhmm:

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I was reading that the two who were killed were trying to rob the guy during a gun sale.

If it was a robbery gone bad that might explain why dude wound up getting bail
Louisiana is one of the only states that has a non unanimous jury law where someone can still be convicted even if the jury don't all agree. So just bc the jury didn't agree it doesn't necessarily means it's a hung jury like in federal court

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Right, but:

And then we have this:

From what i understand the sister of the victim also killed a woman, unfortunately the young brother got caught in the get back.

I'm not blaming the father for his revenge, but where was he when his daughter killed someone else? :jbhmm:
My point still stands. fukked up justice system. People adapt. Unfortunately some have adapted to street justice bc they know the police won't do shyt. It's Louisiana period. Not just new Orleans.

Like I said before, I'm not saying these murders were justified by a terrible justice system. I'm saying I understand and I'm not just gonna blame black communities. There's a reason this shyt happens and the answer isn't always bc black people fukking up

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I literally had this convo with a white guy at work.

I asked him straight up, "if your son shot up a school, you gonna support him or break all ties?"

We went discussed it, and I said "unconditional love, or loving your child doesn't mean you condone all their behaviors and actions with that said, I'm going to separate, I'll write him and talk to him in prison but I'm not going to be crying on tv talking about he's innocent, he's innocent, yadda yadda."

White dude was like "I definitely wouldn't condone or support what he did but I'm going to continue to love him the same, if he does that or did that I probably fukked up somewhere anyway so abandoning him then would just reinforce what made him do it in the first place."

I understand what he's saying.

I guess it is a cycle that only ends with someone's forgiveness (which is a gift, something given).

If someone killed my kid, if I had a chance I'd kill them, and I understand someone might want to kill me because of that. Likewise if my kid killed someone then someone killed my kid, if I could I'd probably kill them too. A very vicious cycle. I'd like to think that I have the control to accept what they did and what became of them because of their actions and break the cycle.