New ‘Lord of the Rings’ Movies in the Works at Warners, New Line

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Warner Bros. and New Line are going back to Middle-earth, with the studio making a deal that will allow it to develop more Lord of the Rings movies.

The multi-year deal with rights holders Embracer Group AB allows Warners to develop features based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings books and The Hobbit. Embracer Group, the Swedish gaming company, acquired the rights to LOTR film, games, merchandise, theme parks and live productions when it purchased rights holder Middle-earth Enterprises last year from The Saul Zaentz Company.

The move, announced during Warner Bros. Discovery’s investor call Thursday, comes as CEO David Zaslav seeks to assure Wall Street that Warners is very much in the franchise game as he harkens back to the 2000s glory days when the studio was minting money with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and The Dark Knight trilogy. In November, Zaslav said he would like to make a deal with author J.K. Rowling for more Harry Potter, and initially floated the notion of a Lord of the Rings return.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i watched the extended editions of the movies over the past week, and i think they are truly one of the greatest feats in the history of cinema.

not watching the Hobbits. ... and i thought the show was kinda weak. lol @ Amazon though for spending a billion to make a meh show, and it's not even the only Tolkien project in town now.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
i watched the extended editions of the movies over the past week, and i think they are truly one of the greatest feats in the history of cinema.

not watching the Hobbits. ... and i thought the show was kinda weak. lol @ Amazon though for spending a billion to make a meh show, and it's not even the only Tolkien project in town now.

Where do you go to watch the extended version?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Holy shyt.

How much walking can characters do? To me that's the whole premise. We gonna have to walk for like the whole 3 hours. Except for when we have to run in spots.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
he's trying to create his pillar franchises to keep them afloat
dc, Harry Potter, lotr, ???
he needs a fourth
They should buy the rights to Mass Effect and give us the GOAT space opera :ohlawd:

In all honesty, WB ruining Mass Effect would be pretty funny :lolbron:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
don't even have any more source material to pull from. who are these screen writers who think they are as good as tolkein?
and why aren't they best selling authors?