Never understood the hate for the village

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah I dug it to. Regarding the twist,
twist. I kinda figured out the monster thing wasn't real and they were using it to keep the citizens scared and in the village. BUT I didn't figure out the why. And them living in modern times in like a nature preserve was a pretty cool twist I didn't see coming.

I was an M. Night fan longer than most. I liked his movies up until the joint with Marky Mark. Even Lady in the Water had an appeal to me, mostly theme wise I thought it was cool.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Movie is a one hitter quitter. I do remember figuring out the whole place was fake when they sent the blind girl. The twist isn't terrible in my opinion but the actual movie could've been better I just remember being bored by it.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I paid money for that trash in theaters and wanted to walk out. I hated the dialogue and the buildup to the end. By the end of it, not even reading the spoilers but knowing MNS’s style with other movies, you knew a twist was coming but that twist did not justify the trash that was the buildup

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't remember liking it.

I figured out the twist early on in the movie, there was a scene with two women talking about the blind girl and how her mother's was found near a "dumpster." I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure they weren't using the word dumpster in the 1800s.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
It was the timing and expectations more than the movie itself. The M. Knight hype train was happening, everybody waiting on a "twist" I think it can be enjoyed alot more now than it could back then.

I think its a similar type of thing going on with Jordan Peele and his movies/shows at the moment as well

87 others

Superstar
Daps
I was like 14 and I just remember being pissed that the monsters weren’t real. That was just a wack ass twist to me when I was expecting a horror movie.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I watched it in theaters and never saw the commercials or knew sh-t about it going into the theaters and liked it when it came out :dead:

Adrien played as @maxwell said it a retard way too well :dead:

Saiyan “I figured it out when they sent the blind girl” isn’t saiyan all that much…the next scene they said just that :dead:

yes i’m watching it now :dead:

if Adrien stalked Jurassic PAWG during her whole time in the woods I think it would have been enjoyed more :dead:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Was a decent movie. However I do remember the cool thing to do at the time was hate on it and M night in general..... Oh they loved his twist endings.....until they didn't love them anymore.....The Village and Lady In the Water were OK movies.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Was a decent movie. However I do remember the cool thing to do at the time was hate on it and M night in general..... Oh they loved his twist endings.....until they didn't love them anymore.....The Village and Lady In the Water were OK movies.
M knight was riding high still when Village dropped. Signs was a huge hit and people wanted another gem but Village showed he was running our of ideas. And it only went downhill after that.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I like it. M Knight was too addicted to doing twist endings at that point. The real issue I think is the trailers had people thinking they were going to see an old school creature feature, but it was M knight getting his Russo swerve on. That's the point where critics turned on him. I think even if Lady in the Water was good they were going tear it to pieces anyway.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me it was the super misleading trailers. They advertised it as horror so I went in expecting that and was very disappointed. On rewatches it got better.