Never taken out a loan. Advice?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Every few weeks I get this junk mail trying to sell me a loan...

I've never done it before, mainly because I feel like I don't want to be indebted to anyone. And I guess technically I have, I'm leasing my vehicle. But other than that, I've never taken on a loan. My friend was recently telling me that I should, if I'm trying to pay off this car, and just pay the loan back. Also how she's used loans to leverage other moves, paying for other shyt with other people's money...

I just checked the mail one last time before heading to the airport, got another loan notice, and I'm contemplating on making that leap to pay this car off. Is it a go or no?

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Every few weeks I get this junk mail trying to sell me a loan...

I've never done it before, mainly because I feel like I don't want to be indebted to anyone. And I guess technically I have, I'm leasing my vehicle. But other than that, I've never taken on a loan. My friend was recently telling me that I should, if I'm trying to pay off this car, and just pay the loan back. Also how she's used loans to leverage other moves, paying for other shyt with other people's money...

I just checked the mail one last time before heading to the airport, got another loan notice, and I'm contemplating on making that leap to pay this car off. Is it a go or no?
1. Don't pay off a loan with another loan. Only exception is one with a lower interest rate.
2. Advertised loans usually come with higher interest rates. Don't get caught up looking at the loan amount and ignoring the interest.
3. Be careful with your friend's advise. Optics and reality are two different things.
4. For personal knowledge, learn how to use an ammonization table so you can learn exactly how much a personal loan will cost you.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The only time taking a loan out is worth it is if you are consolidating all your loan/debts into one aka using a big loan to pay off the smaller loans and just pay the one loan that is usually at a lower interest rate. Otherwise don't do it.

Last edited: