Neva (Princess Mononoke inspired Metroidvania) Switch, PS5, Xbox, Oct 15 2024

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Mononoke my favorite Ghibli movie, so I might need to play it off the strength.
That said... Ni No Kuni ain't hit as a Ghibli game even with the art style straight from the studio. And I don't like Metroidvanias :patrice:

is Ori still the peak of the genre for someone trying to get into it, or did Dead Cells or something else kinda overtake that? If someone needed an intro to game type?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mononoke my favorite Ghibli movie, so I might need to play it off the strength.
That said... Ni No Kuni ain't hit as a Ghibli game even with the art style straight from the studio. And I don't like Metroidvanias :patrice:

is Ori still the peak of the genre for someone trying to get into it, or did Dead Cells or something else kinda overtake that? If someone needed an intro to game type?

Hollow Knight and PoP: Lost Crown are the most well rounded

Then Ori Will of The Wisps. Ori is strong in exploration and platforming but weaker in combat

Blasphemous is also good but the opposite of Ori, good with combat weaker with exploration and platforming, although i haven’t played the sequel

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Ori is far from the peak of the genre. Guacamelee, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Bloodstained, Blasphemous >>>> Ori.
Glad someone mentioned Bloodstained. I would put it up there with Hollow Knight. Though whatever you do, do not get it on the Switch. The port was terrible and at times felt like the framerate would drop to single digits.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
From the same studio that made Gris (Have it on Switch, but haven't checked it out yet). They use a really great art style.
Gris was something different, breh.
One of my best friends died around the time I started playing this joint and it really helped in the process of grief.
It was deep.