Netflix Star Rating System

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:patrice:Has anyone else noticed that Netflix star rating's vary from profile to profile?

I just realized this the other day. At first i was just really confused because I would see a movie one day rated 2 stars then the next day it would be rated 4 stars. At first I was just like " :leostare: I couldve sworn yesterday this movie had an ass rating". Today i finally did a profile by profile comparison, and sure enough the ratings differ from profile to profile by learned preferences I guess.

I honestly dont like this system tbh. A week ago I started the movie Tracers because it had a five star rating on my family netflix account. Got thru 40 mins of the movie and was like " This is absolute trash:dahell:". Later that night i was looking thru netflix on my ps3 account (logged into my homies account) and I saw the same movie and it was rated a 1 and a half stars:heh:.
Not a fan of this system:smh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Pepped this as soon as I got netflix, it's the reason i try to rate shyt. Their interface for discovery isn't the best when scrolling on you ipad, so i like my suggestions to be more tailored.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Netflix also fixes the star ratings for their original programming as well :mjpls:

that new gay show they are hyping with Martin Sheen magically went from 2 stars to almost 5 stars overnight :mjlol:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
bumped this thread to complain about this percentage shyt but found out they were already doing it. :ohhh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They try to tailor it to what you've rated before.

When i go to watch movies with black casts they normally have 3-4 stars, but under a blank profile have 1-2 :mjpls:
false! as I have never rated anything on there in my life