Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Binged this...

Damn, some of the deaths. They even had their brains leaking :merchant:

They were all a$$holes, no redeeming value....

Actually, the only character i felt sorry for was Ali. All he wanted was his back pay & to go back to his family. Unfortunately he was a sheep in a world full of wolves. His ending even summed up his character, dumb as a bag of rocks :ohhh:

The main character was an overall fukk up. A momma's boy & failed father....and son. Left his mom to die. If his daughter grows up to hate him, she has every right too. He had too many chances to make things right.

I didn't care about pickpocket chick, so that's that. And dude should've mentioned that money she took was for his daughter.

The cop actually died for nothing. He found out the truth about his brother and that's it. No backup coming to his rescue, the games are still being played

And yeah, :dame: you know what scene I'm talking about. That was like Miklo in 'Blood in, Blood out'

The old man reminds me of that saying..

“Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young."

So what's the plan? Kpop becomes the new 'old man'?

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Got damn, you didn't like ANY of the characters @SNYC :mjlol:
Like i said, just Ali. He was naive, but had a good heart. He had no problem helping people. And ultimately being too nice got him killed

Overall, i think that was the point of the characters. Holding up a mirror to the audience showing real life. I think people are used to perfect protagonists you could root for. In actuality, Ali & the main character was losers too, just not as violent as the rest

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Anyone else recognize 001 from the amazing film 'Spring, Summer etc'?

Very smart choices that actor made in his minimal career.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Because I think it's too much money to be made from this IP, Hide & Seek HAS to be a game that we see in a future iteration of Squid Game.

Making the seeker some savage cannibal would make for some vicious scenes.

Someone was talking about using the playground and having the floor be lava. :whoo: - The budget increase could definitely make that fun as well.

I personally want to know about what happened to the contestants that didn't return. How were the soldiers chosen? Are they playing a separate game? Did some of the returning contestants come back as soldiers? Where are the previous winners?

This can be an entire universe of gifts that keep on giving.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Yeah so the show definitely picks up the pace after the second episode

BUT

why the fukk did they end the beach? That was easily the best part of the show. They should have made that the background scene for the show and developed the characters they introduced. I have ZERO interest in watching 4 people walk around in the wilderness competing in games. Fuked the whole show up.
I feel like the beach was just a trap for the game masters to manipulate the players even more. That was probably the one place where they could do a 10 of hearts game. One of the game masters was right there running shyt beside Hatter the whole time let alone the dealers. Plus everyone there was there for him anyways so once he died shyt was going to go south regardless. The beach fulfilled it's purpose.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Re:
For people saying the cop is alive......
it's been over a year since he fell off the cliff
it seems like there has been no investigation into the games , the next set of games are proceeding as normal
the text messages probably didn't make it

when ill-nam was revealed as the master mind i was shocked, looking back now i can see clues
but one thing that doesn't add up is the fact that his face was always shown and at least *some* of the guards had to have known who he was since he wasn't killed after the marble game
so presumably ppl didn't even know the identity of the front man but dozens of people involved knew who the wizard behind the curtain was the whole time :francis:, kinda inconsistent

. How can the wire be a classic when season 2 and 5 were trash? 40% of the show trash.

don't know why this never seemed to be much of a talking point. even hard core stans typically concede those 2 seasons were mid at best if not outright trash

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I finally saw the anime for Alice in Borderland (which is only 3 episodes) and it definitely works better as an anime than a live action show. The first game from the first episode was better than the shyt they had in the tv show. The characters in the show come off more goofy than the ones in the anime which is crazy cuz its usually backwards.

Too bad they didn't make more episodes.