Reppin
I didn't see Platform. I'm guessing I should watch it? :lupe:

ice-cube.gif

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I could tell you were finally reading through the thread by the Daps hitting my Notifications. :russ:

So you're all done, decision time: Who was your favorite character?
:dead:You know I be late bruh:dead:Gotta say my man Woo Gawd:demonic:, Pickpocket:mjcry:, Gangsta dude that was deboing everyone was hilarious :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:Grandma (:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:) Brought the fukkery :mjlol::mjlol:Old mayne was dope until you realize :picard::mjtf::gladbron::martin:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
:dead:You know I be late bruh:dead:Gotta say my man Woo Gawd:demonic:, Pickpocket:mjcry:, Gangsta dude that was deboing everyone was hilarious :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:Grandma (:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:) Brought the fukkery :mjlol::mjlol:Old mayne was dope until you realize :picard::mjtf::gladbron::martin:
Yeah, they all brought something to the table but God help them if they crossed paths with Woo and a bag of rocks. :mjcry:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Cool.. but that leads me to a new question. Wouldn't the other players have been :comeon: about that?
Maybe so, but there's nothing they could have done. The guards are the ones with the MP5s on deck. The games would've moved on as planned and there's nothing they could've done about it. They'd have died with questions and wondering what was up, but it's not like they could've stopped playing or anything.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i tried watching this but i wasnt interested at all. just a bunch of people dying at a rapid rate. i didnt give the slightest fukk about any of them :pachaha:

i'm happy to see shows that arent just cacs getting the grand stage so i'ma let yall cook but i was not into this at all lol

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Tinfoil hat on
checkered floorboard :mjpls:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I want to say it was overrated...but I CAN'T stop thinking about it and I spent hours on Monday night watching youtube reaction videos about this. So I'm coming around to the realization that this might be the greatest "water cooler" show since Game of Thrones. You almost never see shows anymore that "everybody" is talking about. So :salute:

So I thought that with San Woo (218)

He had played the game before and was a previous winner. I had assumed he had knowledge of how the games would work. Before the honeycomb game, he looked like he wanted to telll Gi-Hun something, but then changed his mind and said "nothing." I thought it was gonna be a hint on how to succeed. I also thought he picked Ali to be his partner with the marble game because he'd be easy to take advantage of.
No. When he heard that they were cooking up something with sugar and he saw the shapes, we saw a flashback to his childhood of playing the same game with the cookies. That's when he figured it out.

Didn't make sense why the human harvesting had to be on some rogue operation shyt. I mean they're already doing some crazy illegal shyt. Might as well make extra money from it too.

It had to be a rogue operation because the Front Man was all about the "purity" of the game. He fought hard to win and had to do ruthless, evil things in order to be the last survivor back in 2015. He was NOT going to allow some new player to get outside help in order to get an advantage over the other players.

The only player that gets to cheat is the BOSS, but he's the boss so :yeshrug:

which brings me to next question— who is “them” how did they choose the soldiers? The vips? Etc
The implication was that the Old Man was the founder of the bank. Since the VIPs are his peers, they're probably all bank presidents from around the world and other ultra rich people that he came in contact with in those circles.

That's how they all knew EXACTLY how much debt each player was in:
They're choosing players based on secret financial information that they have access to.

I don't remember the exact line, but there was also a mention that a large portion of the players already had potentially fatal illnesses. And who had signed agreements to donate organs. So, some of the VIPs probably had access to secret medical records, probably heads of Insurance companies.

Plus, the people in charge also knew exactly how much each player was indebted to various gangsters. So there's also high level organized crime connections in the VIP group as well.

Reasons why I didn't like Gi-hun much. That Harry Potter bullshyt, becoming a "hero" off the work the side characters put in. :martin:
Dude was not observant at all, big upping Sang-woo every chance he got :hhh: and refusing to smarten up even after a gang of folks got clapped before his eyes. Peep Sang-woo doing the :snoop: when Gi-hun gave that deep story about why he picked umbrella for the Honeycomb. Probably thought his mans stupid as fukk. :dead:

While reading through this thread, something hit me about Gi-hun that made me see him in a different light.

When he tried to call a vote to end the game in the middle of the final game, the VIPs acted surprised. They've been watching the "games" take place since the 90's, but this is apparently the FIRST time that a player found the loophole in "Rule 3" that says that players can call for a vote to end the game during a game, as opposed to in between games. So in 3 decades Gi-hun is probably the first player out of maybe 10,000 other players to figure out an exploit that can actually totally break the game. IF he had figured this out during the middle of the marble game, then the majority of players (who had already been voting to continue) would have probably immediately flipped their votes to dropping out. So, I give Gi-hun credit for being the first Squid Game winner to figure out what none of the other winners like the "Front Man" could figure out before.

The Squid Game only works if the players have faith in the false illusion that teams of players can get together and win as a group. Once they realize that "teamwork" is meaningless, even most of the people on the way to winning the marble game would vote to drop out.