Daps

FBluHvyWQAchn1I

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I wonder what % of coli brehs watched it dubbed
I fukked up and watched one episode dubbed. For the most part I hate watching any foreign flicks or shows dubbed, but I was binging Squid Game, falling asleep, and was trying to knock out one last episode. I put the dubbed on so I wouldn't have to read, and it really dropped the enjoyment of the show. I ended up just going to sleep and watched the next day with subtitles.

I'd rather hear the original voices, vocal inflections, etc.

BTW I hope this show puts more people on to how much South Korea is killing the game right now.
:banderas:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
One thing i don't understand..

Couldn't old man have died in the tug of war?
He probably could have died but I think it was unlikely. I think his knowledge of strategy and how to play the game made it unlikely for any team he was on to lose. His team couldn't have been much weaker and they still won. He could've lucked out on a stronger team and done even better. Any team with him on it was basically guaranteed to win tug-of-war is how I saw it. The anchor man at the back, the leader near the front, the criss-crossing of people on different sides of the rope, the rope in the armpits, and the lean-back opening, the rhythm of the pulls...his strategies were high level.

And if he did lose then I think he would have died happy. He wanted to play the games, and he had a brain tumor, so if he'd gone out playing tug of war, he still had a long life.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He probably could have died but I think it was unlikely. I think his knowledge of strategy and how to play the game made it unlikely for any team he was on to lose. His team couldn't have been much weaker and they still won. He could've lucked out on a stronger team and done even better. Any team with him on it was basically guaranteed to win tug-of-war is how I saw it. The anchor man at the back, the leader near the front, the criss-crossing of people on different sides of the rope, the rope in the armpits, and the lean-back opening, the rhythm of the pulls...his strategies were high level.

And if he did lose then I think he would have died happy. He wanted to play the games, and he had a brain tumor, so if he'd gone out playing tug of war, he still had a long life.

i don't disagree but the "love of the game" argument about that particular game is just ehh to me because the other games were rigged for him where this one wasn't and the whole "die happy" thing.. then why didn't he eat the bullet when he should have?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i don't disagree but the "love of the game" argument about that particular game is just ehh to me because the other games were rigged for him where this one wasn't and the whole "die happy" thing.. then why didn't he eat the bullet when he should have?
I still see tug of war as being rigged for him. He had the strategic advantage over everyone else. The riskiest game for him was the stepping stone game, as he may not have even had the physical strength to jump from one piece of glass to another.

The way I see it, as to why he didn't eat the bullet after the marble game...I actually thought he was supposed to get pulled out of the game after the tug of war game but before the marble game. Because nobody was going to pick him, and he sat off to the side almost as if he didn't want anyone to pick him. I don't think he expected Seong Gi-Hun to approach him for a partnership, and so he had to improvise.

I'm also extending certain creative liberties to the show. Is it the most logical thing? No. But I don't think the issues around the old man were so ridiculous to where it killed the show for me.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
One thing i don't understand..

Couldn't old man have died in the tug of war?
easter eggs vids on YouTube about Il-Nam were showing his shackles didn't have locks on them like the others. So if they got yoked he would have come loose and still been on the platform