Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
dannychavinha-squidgame.gif

I LOVE this part. It is the perfect representation of them having NO idea wtf they were getting into. His life is about to change forever :wow:

so was Il-Nam (the old man) always safe? If he had messed up in red light green light or whatever, I assume he wouldn't have been shot?

Yes, the machine was programmed to not shoot anywhere near him. In Honeycomb, he made sure to pick the easiest shape that he was already used to. Tug of War was a risk, but he was a master at it.

He didn't purposely lose to Gi Hun in Marbles out of the goodness of his heart, there was no way he could have participated in the glass bridge and make it out alive...he needed an out. I suspected they figured he wasn't going to be chosen until Gi-Hun did so...essentially potentially saving his own life

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He absolutely killed his role.
Had me feeling so sorry for him the whole entire time.
Even in the end :mjcry:
How you feel sorry for him :dead:
Man had zero remorse for all the atrocities just like "Hell ye it was worth it . you aint see my duke moves in red light, green light :dahell:"
There was zeroooo humanity in what he was sayin which was just makin me :heh:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
What's even interesting is that the old man even voted to quit. I wonder if that was all part of the plan, or if he really got scared and wanted out for a minute.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
How you feel sorry for him :dead:
Man had zero remorse for all the atrocities just like "Hell ye it was worth it . you aint see my duke moves in red light, green light :dahell:"
There was zeroooo humanity in what he was sayin which was just makin me :heh:

Cause he played like he had dementia that well. Built up a lot of feels with me.
Plus my granddaddy had dementia so it was tugging on all my heartstrings and sentimentals:mjpls:
I couldn't be mad at the old man no matter how evil he was
And he wasn't even that bad he never forced anyone to do anything and the rules were known upfront. Plus he was the deciding vote and let everyone go home at 1st :ehh:

See im even vouching for him here at the end :pachaha:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
:mindblown:

Why would they even THINK about voting to stay :mindblown:

Fukk the money, it's no use if you're dead. No amount of debt would make me vote yes to that shyt.
Most of those people were probably as good as dead in the real world anyways. I mean a bunch of people signed their bodies over to whoever their debt collectors were. Main character had the mob on his head. Gangster had to jump of a bridge to get away. I could only imagine what some of the other people did. This was probably legit some people's last chance.
What's even interesting is that the old man even voted to quit. I wonder if that was all part of the plan, or if he really got scared and wanted out for a minute.

He always talked about giving everybody a fair chance and having everyone be equal. If he would have voted to stay it wouldn't really fair to the people that wanted to leave considering he was on the inside and knew everything. And they just started it up again anyways so whoever really wanted to be there just ended up going back the second time. Not everybody went back.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He absolutely killed his role.
Had me feeling so sorry for him the whole entire time.
Even in the end :mjcry:
I am convinced he had a drunk put in the snow to try and make a final point that humanity wasn’t shyt to Gi-Hun. Gi-Hun not using his money probably had that old sonofabytch feeling a certain way because the whole purpose is the winner is suppose to enjoy the money they won….

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Finished Episode 2, I wonder what the second game will be like :lupe:

Kind of curious, most of yall watching the dub or sub? I didn't think the dub was bad or anything but I still switched to subs on general principle.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
so was Il-Nam (the old man) always safe? If he had messed up in red light green light or whatever, I assume he wouldn't have been shot?
nah...the AI was programmed to not shoot him...on the rewatch, every other person has a green halo/aura around them on the radar. Il Nam doesnt