Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ali my nikka, I hate it had to be him but to all the Sang-woo haters:hhh:

giphy.gif

Every move he made was either right or at least logical. Front Man gotta hang a 218 track jacket from the rafters and give him his recognition as the MVP.

I wish one of these writers would have the courage to let the "bad guy" win. I'm not one of the people who didn't like the ending but in a game where being cutthroat is necessary it would have made sense to let the character who got his hands dirty reap the rewards. I don't know if he would have been able to keep the K-Feds from locking him up but him winning meant they could've ended the show. I don't think they need a season 2 but like Money Heist the Netflix bag will be too much to turn down.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
uhh no, the subs are what the ppl are actually saying. The dub is the roundabout translation of what they're generally saying so that the words fit their mouths.
NAH BREAUGH.

THATS WHY YOU GOTTA USE
BOTH AT THE SAME TIME
TO SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

THE SUBS DONT EVEN MAKE
SENSE AT TIMES.

ITS LIKE A KOREAN
WITH BAD ENGLISH TRANSLATED THEM.

:devil:
:evil:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
So I thought that with San Woo (218)

He had played the game before and was a previous winner. I had assumed he had knowledge of how the games would work. Before the honeycomb game, he looked like he wanted to telll Gi-Hun something, but then changed his mind and said "nothing." I thought it was gonna be a hint on how to succeed. I also thought he picked Ali to be his partner with the marble game because he'd be easy to take advantage of.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
NAH BREAUGH.

THATS WHY YOU GOTTA USE
BOTH AT THE SAME TIME
TO SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

THE SUBS DONT EVEN MAKE
SENSE AT TIMES.

ITS LIKE A KOREAN
WITH BAD ENGLISH TRANSLATED THEM.

I watched it in dubbed along with the subtitles running and yeah a lot of the translations are mediocre as fukk. Certain things won't be translated or will be skimmed over.

Almost feels like you missing out just relying on the sub alone.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I watched it in dubbed along with the subtitles running and yeah a lot of the translations are mediocre as fukk. Certain things won't be translated or will be skimmed over.

Almost feels like you missing out just relying on the sub alone.
IM TRYING TO TELL THESE nikkaS.

IVE WATCHED BOTH SHOWS LIKE
THIS AND THESE ARE SOME
OF THE WORSE SUBTITLED JOINTS
IVE EVER SEEN.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Sang Woo (218) is a savage :wow:

not surprised he was some corporate big shyt, because he was a wolf :wow:

if we keeping it 100, he embodied squid games and was the mvp

I really thought they were gonna swerve us and have him win

Glad you know who won tho:blessed:

he should just enjoy his riches honestly and see his daughter :gucci:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I thought that with San Woo (218)

He had played the game before and was a previous winner. I had assumed he had knowledge of how the games would work. Before the honeycomb game, he looked like he wanted to telll Gi-Hun something, but then changed his mind and said "nothing." I thought it was gonna be a hint on how to succeed. I also thought he picked Ali to be his partner with the marble game because he'd be easy to take advantage of.

:dahell:

Nah, he never played before.

The games are based on kid games so he recognized what it was. He didn't tell the others because if they die it's easier for him to win. It was an individual game so he had no reason to save the team.

He picked Ali because he's the strongest physically and they didn't know what the next game was. If it was another rug of war style gave Ali was the best fit. If it was something else Ali follows orders so Sang-woo could guide them to victory. They never anticipated having to eliminate their partner.

Ali never played marbles so Sang-woo thought he'd easily beat him.

Sang-woo was in the game because he lost massive amounts of his company's and client's finances trading futures.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I can see a sequel, but it would be dope if they have it set in another country and uses that culture to create the games. Also wouldn't mind dude going after them either, but just incorporate it into a new arena/setting

I think a prequel would be dope too so we can see the origins of the front man and how shyt got started. Whatever the case, the series has potential and could go either direction with it.