Netflix: Pieces of Her

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9170236

So I saw the first season of this and I have to say while it started off strong, I was disappointed.

Frankly the writing just isn’t very good. I really wanted to give this a chance because I believe Toni Collette is a skilled actress and she does her best to carry the first season. Even Gil Birmingham is pretty good.

But some of the plot is ridiculous. The chances that the Andy Oliver character takes as some innocent, daughter who doesn’t know what’s going on…it’s just silly. The way they write in the Michael Vargas character as some sort of stranger/villain/hero to fill time…it just feels like a waste of time.

IMDB gives this a 6.4 out of 10 with about 8900 votes and frankly I’m closer to 6 just because the series was shot fairly well.

But I think Netflix tried a bit too hard here.
What did you think?

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
cant get off ep three. ive tried a half dozen times now, but that formulaic writing with the daughter lugging around the suitcase full of money and everybody she comes in contact with potentially being the opps...yeah, im not doing that.

Last edited:

Hand2HandKing

Rookie
Daps
the daughter was wayyy too annoying
shes like a worse version of tariq from power

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
On EP 2. The daughter getting me tight . Her scary ass.....

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Episode 4 and the daughter has somehow managed to become more annoying

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Just finished watching this
I thought this would have a second season
I liked it for the most part
But some holes in the writing
We never get to see Paula Koonst or what's her name in the present time and the whole sequence where the daughter hides in the trunk of the killers' car and escapes is only oh so believable