Nest Wifi chips going bad?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have the Nest Learning Thermostat, wifi chip went bad, wouldn't connect to any networks in the house. Of all the wifi products I have ever owned, this a 1st for something like this. Made a call to Google, they confirmed the W5 error code was a chip issue, unit was out of warranty, they are sending me a free replacement in exchange for the old one for Christmas. Anybody else run into Nest products wifi issues?

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Exact same thing happened to me after about 2 years and then when I contacted customer service they tried to push a bullshyt extender to me.

I've managed to get the shyt working again but for some reason I can't connect my phone to it.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I’ve installed tons of them trust me they’re garbage and the manufacturer knows it.
Fuk the headache grab an EcoBee 4 thank me later.

Advice is right on time…just closed on a new crib and was this close to buying a nest…the ecobee’s are official?

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Advice is right on time…just closed on a new crib and was this close to buying a nest…the ecobee’s are official?
Definitely the contractors choice Bc we know they hold up. The only disadvantage is if u have a “heat only” set up, specifically only two wires going from tstat to furnace/boiler. If u have 3+ wires u straight. They do everything a nest does and look better imo.
I got to the point a few years ago that I won’t install a nest anymore. Too many callbacks. Customers think we broke it but in reality it’s the equipment.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I have the Nest Learning Thermostat, wifi chip went bad, wouldn't connect to any networks in the house. Of all the wifi products I have ever owned, this a 1st for something like this. Made a call to Google, they confirmed the W5 error code was a chip issue, unit was out of warranty, they are sending me a free replacement in exchange for the old one for Christmas. Anybody else run into Nest products wifi issues?
How long you have it?

I just put two in the crib a couple months ago. Pleased so far.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
How long you have it?

I just put two in the crib a couple months ago. Pleased so far.

Just over 2yrs. I had a few issues with it occasionally losing connection to the router which seemed strange as my phone can get wifi signal outside my place no problem. The router and the Nest are literally a room away from each other.

I am definitely going to look into the Ecobee unit, just gotta get the C-wire adaptor.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I've had a Nest since...2016? Have had to uninstall and reinstall 3x after moving and never had a problem with it. I love it. I had an Ecobee before that and it worked well enough. I just prefer the UX, Alexa integration and phone app (as trivial as that sounds) with the Nest.