Nerds. Explain the appeal of table top games

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
That entire scene is :laff:to me especially in the age of online video games. Yall really rolling dice Using ur imagination to slay dragons :laff::laff::laff:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Don't you dare slander Dungeons and Dragons up in here!!!

:damn:

Honestly. As a D&D fan. You have to remember they were around before video games (in a meaningful sense) and its fun to play a game where you and your friends abide by an agreed upon set of complicated rules.

But fact of the matter is the game is 40 years old and has been a part of gaming culture for just about as long.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I never played D&D until I was at rehab earlier this year. We obviously couldn’t play video games at the facility. Some guy set it up, did all the characters, bought cards, etc. shyt was surprisingly fun. :ehh:

Now, will I ever play it again outside of an in-patient setting, probably not. However, it was a lot more fun that I thought it ever could be. The DM made us talk in accents and if we spoke normally, we were punished. I dunno, but that kinda got us more immersed in the game

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I never played D&D until I was at rehab earlier this year. We obviously couldn’t play video games at the facility. Some guy set it up, did all the characters, bought cards, etc. shyt was surprisingly fun. :ehh:

Now, will I ever play it again outside of an in-patient setting, probably not. However, it was a lot more fun that I thought it ever could be. The DM made us talk in accents and if we spoke normally, we were punished. I dunno, but that kinda got us more immersed in the game
I'd be down to play if I had a nerd group of lame nikkas and chicks to play it with

Ppl ain't social these days and it seems like a decent social experience so why not

:manny:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'd be down to play if I had a nerd group of lame nikkas and chicks to play it with

Ppl ain't social these days and it seems like a decent social experience so why not

:manny:

Thats kind of the ironic thing. People shyt on D&D as a game for isolated nerds but it had to be played with people you knew and liked to get the most out of it because a real session took about 2-3 hours. But now you can play a game a a team of 8 and never meet face to face even though that type of game is more socially acceptable at face value.