Neo's quarantine and movie suggestion thread (y'all the ones making the suggestions not me)

Daps
stuck in the house. can't do nothin. bored. worried about this virus. need something to take my mind off of it. So Imma tell y'all what shows I love and then y'all make suggestions based off what I like

at least I hope y'all will do it.:blessed::lupe: but anyway, it's worth a try. here goes

TV series

Game of Thrones - Love the show, hate the way it ended. Jon and Dany's story arc was the most messed up, and the ending was rushed but I loved everything up until season 8.

The Walking Dead - Liked it, especially the 1st season, and the 2nd season till they killed off Jon Bernthdal, but it was watchable for a few more years. Stopped watching after the Negan season, got bored with Rick and nem taking L's all the time and the dialogue got stupid

The Punisher - LOVED the 1st season. 2nd season was aight, but the 1st season was a work of art.

Daredevil - seasons 1 and 3 were incredible. Season 2, the parts that the Punisher was on. Great show, sad they ended it.

The Last Kingdom - My favorite medieval show right now, first 3 seasons was piff, the new season is coming out but not till April 29th. Can't wait. Uhthred son of Uhthred, #arseling gang gang

Spartacus - whole show was great cinema, liked Andy :mjcry: more than the new guy but the new guy held it down. Crixus the undefeated gaul and my nicca Gannicus tho.:banderas:
The Shield - Vic Mackey was a crazy white boy and I loved every second. Had some :dame: moments on it and some :mjpls: moments but overall it was a great, great show. Forest Whitaker, Anthony Anderson, some great moments on this one y'all.

Arrow - loved the 1st 2 seasons and then it got bad. Real bad. They came back hard in season 5 but it was never the same as the first 2 seasons.

Black Lightning - Nessa. :banderas:Nessa.:banderas:

Supernatural - I love the boys. Carry on my wayward son. Had some life stuff happen and I got behind on the last 3 seasons. Only reason I haven't caught up yet is cause my bro and I made a pact to start over from the beginning and watch the whole show together. We're still in season 1 smh.

Star Trek TNG - I grew up on this and went back and watched it as a grown man and was even better than I remembered. Huge fan of Picard, Riker and Worf.

Star Trek Deep Space Nine - Never watched it when I was little cause I hated the concept of them being in one location all the time (outside the wormhole). I needed my Trek to be exploration based but after reading the reviews on the coli, and brehs saying that Sisko may have been a better captain than Picard, I decided to start it last year. Epic stuff, epic stuff. In season 5 right now.

Once Upon a Time - I was watching it when it came on TV, life stuff happened and I stopped watching but it's a solid show. I'm planning to go back and finish it.

Marco Polo - I love medieval era shows and this stuff is pure piff, at least season 1 is. Season 2 is still cool but it didn't quite capture the same magic as season 1. But if you love stuff from that era, it's a great watch.

Lost in Space - I love space shows too in case you didn't notice. Season 1 was great and so was season 2. Great, great good show. I recommend.

Stranger Things - Pretty cool show and I love the throwback to the 70s and 80s. Got a lil too kiddy at times but it was still funny. Seasons 1 and 2 were way better than season 3 but it's all good.

House of Cards - Great political show. Before Trump got elected, it was the most political foolery I had ever seen in my life.

Umbrella Academy - Great show. Didn't care for the singing and whatnot, but the storyline was pretty solid.
Watchmen - 10/10 show. I loved it.

24 - Great show, Jack Bauer was a crazy cac. Had some incredible moments.

Falling Skies - aliens mixed in with war mixed in with patriotism and the need to rebuild the country? Plus it's apocalypse based? I love it

so hopefully that gives you an overview of the types of shows I like. Now to the movies.

Movies

ANY MARVEL MOVIE - if it comes out, I'm watchin. Seen em all multiple times. I love it. I feel like I'm realizing the dreams of that little boy that used to always say that if an Xmen movie was gonna get made, Patrick stewart should be Xavier. :banderas:We did it. We really did it. :mjcry:

Gladiator - one of my favorite movies. I obviously love the time period, and this was an epic flick.

Red Dawn - the new one, not the old one. I love war movies about strategy and this was a great movie.

Shooter - the movie is about a military dude, who loved his gun. I love it.

How it Ends - I love apocalypse movies.

The Day After Tomorrow - I love apocalypse movies.

Along came a spider - A great throwback to the 90s era that wasn't cheesy, murder mystery, great flick.

Limitless - A regular guy gets the drive to succeed and become 100 times greater than his former self. I love it.

Bird Box - Nice little monster mystery flick.

Bright - I love magic and dragons and I love cop movies if done right. This mixed them together. I loved it

MI-5 - Action, fighting and explosions. I love it.

The King - Great movie from the medieval era, love the grittiness of it.

Equilibrium - Great sci fi flick with lots of fighting.

ALL ROCKY MOVIES - Rocky is one of the greatest American stories ever told.

John Wick - Action guns cars and a dog. Let's get it

Interstellar - Another great science and space movie

Kingsman - fighting guns and a secret brotherhood with great action scenes

War of the Worlds - I love apocalypse movies

Fast & the Furious movies - I love epic foolishness, so crazy that I can't turn it off

So hopefuly this will give you a good enough sample size of what I like so that you can make some good suggestions.

I keep hearing folks say to watch "The Wire"
or "Better Call Saul"
"Breaking Bad"
"Vikings"

Only reason I haven't started them is cause I don't wanna be disappointed. I need some guaranteed piff, brehs. I need something that's gonna leave me staring at the screen like WOW. Last good show that had me like that was Watchmen.

thank you for reading. Halp.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
All American, "You", the good doctor and snowfall as far as shows go.

Movies, not sure what genre you're into but

Action: the raid, the raid 2, Bad boys 4 life

Drama: I'm gonna go the Matt Damon route for now and say "The rainmaker" or "Good Will Hunting".

Good times and Uncut gems if you wanna go dark.

Comedy: can't really think of any for now.

Thriller: The hunt

Horror: Color out of space, the kingdom (Netflix series)

I'll think of some more later I'm sure.