neg train on @somalia

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
@Broke Wave So why the need for terms like jareer, adoon and madow? :sas2:

To be fair, Jareer and Madow are not racist. Jareer just means nappy hair and the Somali language is all about describing people by apperances. Some Bantu's proudly even call themselves Somali Jareer and it really is only offensive to people who don't speak Somali. Madow means black and that's not even racist whatsoever. Somali's can call themselves Madow and they do in relation to whites and others. We experience the same racism (maybe even worse) in the west and we become Madow in the eyes of the greater society. Adon means slave and that's absolutely racist to call anyone that. It's primarily directed towards AA's and Caribeans because of their slavery back ground but in my own personal experience I remember being told that using that word or anyone who uses words like that to describe other people, from my own mother, are ignorant and overcompensating for being poor in Somalia and looking for a superiority when they come here.

Fefe

Banned
Daps
To be fair, Jareer and Madow are not racist. Jareer just means nappy hair and the Somali language is all about describing people by apperances. Some Bantu's proudly even call themselves Somali Jareer and it really is only offensive to people who don't speak Somali. Madow means black and that's not even racist whatsoever. Somali's can call themselves Madow and they do in relation to whites and others. We experience the same racism (maybe even worse) in the west and we become Madow in the eyes of the greater society. Adon means slave and that's absolutely racist to call anyone that. It's primarily directed towards AA's and Caribeans because of their slavery back ground but in my own personal experience I remember being told that using that word or anyone who uses words like that to describe other people, from my own mother, are ignorant and overcompensating for being poor in Somalia and looking for a superiority when they come here.

Wish I could rep you again. This is such a good explanation, walaal.