Need Mid-Range Phone Decision Help: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S vs Motorola G Power or G Stylus?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a Metro PCS and am pretty much looking for an unlocked phone. I had been looking at things like Sony Xperia 1, but it's not wise for me to spend that much during these times. After a few hours of research, I'm considering either:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S (6GB)

Motorola Moto G Power

Motorola Moto G Stylus

It's a transitionary phone, but I'd like to have it for at least one year. I don't play video games AT ALL on my cell phones. I would like to shoot video (like a short film), and also I watch alot of videos. I know that the Xiaomi doesn't really have tech support in case something goes wrong, but things don't usually go wrong with my phones like that.

My last phone was an HTC U11.

Please comment if you have experience with any of these, or which you would choose.

Thanks for reading.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Appreciate the replies. I figured I won't need the Stylus one, so its between the Moto Power and the Xiaomi.

@gtj1982 This particular Motorola seems to have broken that stigma. I don't know about the only lasting 1 year part, but the phone seems to be pretty good.

I might just flip a coin tomorrow.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Appreciate the replies. I figured I won't need the Stylus one, so its between the Moto Power and the Xiaomi.

@gtj1982 This particular Motorola seems to have broken that stigma. I don't know about the only lasting 1 year part, but the phone seems to be pretty good.

Yeah I peeped the reviews for it and almost copped it for my dad but my mom loves her Redmi 8 and my mother in law has a Xiaomi Mi A3 with google one is a champ.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I'm going to go with the Xiaomi so that I can get a feel for what that company's phones are like. I live in New York City and have Metro PCS so the coverage should be fine for me. I might be able to use it in South America too when travel opens up (though I tell myself I'd rather use bummy looking phones in South America to avoid theft).

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Get that Moto.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
I got the g power, this bytch last three days before a charge. It's a thicc phone though. No nfc and no wireless charging is a negative. But I can use this shyt without worrying about battery life

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
just got my dad a redmi 9 he loves it, has nfc, battery is like 5,020mAh
motorola screens crack easily and and not all have 5ghz wifi

you can order from their aliexpress store with dhl and get the phone in like 3-4 days