NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Yeah and it’s cool that everybody isn’t gonna be a diehard. People got other shyt going on in their lives, other interests, etc. So I got no issue whatsoever with people following the league in whatever works best for them

But it’s just too much BS surrounding the NBA with the wrong voices getting amplified and having influence
Nah I get that, I'm really just talking about like you said the wrong voices amplified, there's a lot of good content out there it's just the main ones that get clicks and views talk about everything but the game.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I can see possible retirement.

The whole TNT/NBA TV crew and employees are done with this deal. That's a lot of jobs gone because of Zaslav's dumbass.

Dunno what TNT gonna do with that space now. shyt was literally across the street from our basketball arena at GTech on 10th street. The whole studio. Man this is fukkin ridiculous.

We don't need the NBA :snoop:

Under-reported part of all this. Over the last 16 or so years, TURNER has been operating NBA TV. The studios are right next to each other!

So many jobs lost. Charles Barkley is right to keep bringing up that point. And you have producers and what not who've been there since the mid 1990s!

NBATV is a good point, because maybe I missed it but if Turner is losing rights then is NBATV folding too or will one of Amazon/NBC take over production?

It would probably be Comcast (NBC) esp if they're taking the 'B' package...

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, unfortunately Ernie is on contract so he can't go with them but Chuck said if Ernie isn't on the show then he won't be.

Maybe NBC or whoever can buy Ernie out?

Ernie is extremely loyal to Turner
He been there since 1989
It ain't just the people in front of the camera that make that show either, there's a lot of people you don't see behind the scenes that make that work

Just please don't let any of these networks hire Draymond please
He's fukking awful

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know this is me speaking from my sports bubble but without the NBA and NCAA tourney I really don't turn to TNT on purpose at all, it ain't like they got fire original programming like F/X, A&E, and AMC. I don't see how not having the NBA and the NBA playoffs airing every night for a month straight doesn't hurt the station in the long run.

2legit

Superstar
Daps
It's led to the casuals driving most of the narratives. Like somebody who catches a few games here and there can watch a 5 minute clip of Gilbert Arenas saying "Nikola Jokic is the worst multi time MVP in NBA history!!!" and form their opinion that way. Keep in mind they've probably only seen Jokic in the playoffs, now after the Nuggets get eliminated that opinion can feel verified. Yet they can't tell you why they lost, how Denver's role players were neutralized, how Minnesota attacked on defense at 94 feet and trapping. It's become kind of a thing where people tune into these hot take shows and postgame shows to validate an opinion.
It's crazy how the NFL has just as many casual fans but the discourse is the opposite. The fans can tell you that a Defensive Coordinator adjusting to Cover 2 was the difference in the game. NFL fans actually watched NFL playbook to get a breakdown on the game. There is no NBA Playbook equivalent.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know this is me speaking from my sports bubble but without the NBA and NCAA tourney I really don't turn to TNT on purpose at all, it ain't like they got fire original programming like F/X, A&E, and AMC. I don't see how not having the NBA and the NBA playoffs airing every night for a month straight doesn't hurt the station in the long run.
Oh make no mistake, losing the NBA would be an absolute unmitigated disaster for WBD

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Under-reported part of all this. Over the last 16 or so years, TURNER has been operating NBA TV. The studios are right next to each other!

So many jobs lost. Charles Barkley is right to keep bringing up that point. And you have producers and what not who've been there since the mid 1990s!

Exactly what I meant. It's all in the same complex.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Right. It's not just hiring Shaq, Kenny and Charles.

The crew is behind the camera as well. They've been working together for years. That's what makes it work.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Ernie Johnson needs to stop with all this I'm loyal to TNT bullshyt

They can move the show to NBC

Ernie has lived in Atlanta for majority of his life and at his age traveling to Stamford once week might not worth it in his mind. The only realistic possibility is that Amazon buys out the whole NBA On TNT production/staff and they allowed to lease the studios for their telecasts.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Ernie has lived in Atlanta for majority of his life and at his age traveling to Stamford once week might not worth it in his mind. The only realistic possibility is that Amazon buys out the whole NBA On TNT production/staff and they allowed to lease the studios for their telecasts.
I hope these corporate conglomerate goofs realize the importance of Inside the NBA.

If Amazon did that that we would be Gucci :banderas: