NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Silver & NBA offices to Zaslav
yuN519.gif

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That’s what made the show, they were honest. People will watch inside the nba and not even watch the games lol. Inside the nba is low key important for the nba brand today, they’re messing up.

I had my DVR set to record Inside the NBA so i could watch it without tuning into the games.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That’s what made the show, they were honest. People will watch inside the nba and not even watch the games lol. Inside the nba is low key important for the nba brand today, they’re messing up.
And that's exactly why the NBA product is in the current state that it is today where people care more about the talking points than the actual product itself.

Money talks at the end of the day and the NBA couldn't care less of what happens to Inside The NBA if it means getting more bread especially considering how one of those guys literally shyt on the MVP on live television recently.

Last edited:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The NBA survived for 50+ years without Inside the NBA, they will be fine

And people watching shows like Inside the NBA & First Take while not actually watching games speaks volumes as to why NBA discourse is in the gutter today

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
And that's exactly why the NBA product is in the current state that it is today where people more about the talking points than the actual product itself.

Money talks at the end of the day and the NBA couldn't care less of what happens to Inside The NBA if it means getting more bread especially considering how one of those guys literally shyt on the MVP on live television recently.
Message!

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After reading that article. Disney was aggressive. WBD wasn’t. This is on Zaslav and now he wants to potentially sue because he blew it

But those same sources said Zaslav -- whose company paid $1.2B for NBA media rights a decade ago -- believed he would only have to pay between $1.8B and $2.1B to retain the "B" package this time around and refused to double to $2.4B. That is why the bidding ventured into the marketplace and why NBC leaped in. If WBD does, in fact, lose the NBA, 2024-25 will be its final season under the current deal.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Do we know how long these deals will be with Amazon, Disney, NBC?

10 years each? Opt-out year like the NFL?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Shaq and Chuck are larger than life and recognizable faces. They definitely got more people to watch overall.

I think this is a W for purists, but will hurt the presence the sport has on popular culture in the long run.

The banter between Chuck and Shaq was actually great TV, especially for casuals. I know people who know nothing about basketball (mainly women) who thought their exchanges were entertaining.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shaq and Chuck are larger than life and recognizable faces. They definitely got more people to watch overall.

I think this is a W for purists, but will hurt the presence the sport has on popular culture in the long run.

Inside the NBA is ending but that doesn’t mean Shaq, Chuck or Kenny won’t ever appear on TV again

They could very well end up with NBC or Amazon

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps

The banter between Chuck and Shaq was actually great TV, especially for casuals. I know people who know nothing about basketball (mainly women) who thought their exchanges were entertaining.

My lady hates sports, but she'd watch Chuck, Kenny, Shaq, and Ernie with me every time they were on.

She was :dead: at Kenny tripping up the steps twice :mjlol: