NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That last line :wow:

“ESPN is not a platform for the game, the game is a platform for ESPN. So long as that is the case, one has no choice but to turn back the clock in order to watch the game as it was meant to be shown.”

And to add on, that mindset explains exactly why the halftime show is 2 minutes of analysis and 15 minutes of commercials

calh45

Cal
Daps

This is hilarious if true. This basically means Silver is the reason for TNT not getting rights because he wants new partners and not some sort of dumbass mismanagement by Zaslav.

I get the benefits of NBC putting the games on over the air channels, but I genuinely don't understand the benefit of Amazon over TNT.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
This is hilarious if true. This basically means Silver is the reason for TNT not getting rights because he wants new partners and not some sort of dumbass mismanagement by Zaslav.

I get the benefits of NBC putting the games on over the air channels, but I genuinely don't understand the benefit of Amazon over TNT.

My guess is that Prime>Max and it's more likely that Prime is around 10 years from now than Max

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
ESPN is an entertainment company, not journalism entity. The "E" in ESPN.

whatever draws ratings in their mind is what they will pump.

It is what it is with those goofys running Bristol.
nobody gives a fukk about the pacers...sorry but those are the facts.... All this hand wringing over sports broadcaster being honest in their team aligences shows how immature sports fans are in general.... Why the fukk do you need SAS or whoever eleee to lie to you and pretend that their impartial when that's not the case? As long as they aren't lying about opposing teams I don't give a fukk if their fans and have favorites...that's the whole point of sports..how silly is it to thing that because you out a tie on suddenly you become objective :heh:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When people clamor and cheer on entities like Inside The NBA, of course you’re going to get imitations just like it.
not sure what you're watching but there ain't nothing about ESPN's NBA Countdown or halftime show like Inside the NBA. Inside the NBA has it's hijinks and jokes but they actually do talk about the game that is being played.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
not sure what you're watching but there ain't nothing about ESPN's NBA Countdown or halftime show like Inside the NBA. Inside the NBA has its hijinks and jokes but they actually do talk about the game that is being played.
That’s exactly my point though.

That’s who ESPN wants to be like, but failing are at doing so.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

My guess is that Prime>Max and it's more likely that Prime is around 10 years from now than Max
Prime’s advantage is that and unlimited money.

WBD’s advantage is the cable reach along with streaming on Max. TBS being the home of the NBA on cable since 1984 and on TNT/TBS since 1989.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully I can watch whatever game is on through YouTube TV or League Pass.

I don't want to have to load up a different app to throw on a game like those NFL Thursday Night games

:scust: