NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
No they're not. NBC offering more racks than wbd has nothing to do with inside the nba.
Like Barkley himself said.. If the NBA cared about the partnership with TNT or what they had to offer they would be more willing to accommodate a similar offer from a company they've been aligned with for decades ...they clearly do not because Silver doesn't value their product.... You fans simply need to accept reality.... I'll take the commissioners actions and Barkleys word over yours

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

This article shows why having good relationships between tv execs and commissioners is beneficial to both side. Zaslav pissing off the NBA with his comment a few years ago is really biting him now.

It’s beneficial to both sides, but at the end of the day the NBA is about its money and not looking to leave any on the table. Streaming has helped put a pin in that.

On the otherhand, it’s definitely going to come into play as these streamers won’t have the same relationship with the NBA and won’t care nor understand potential league issues in the way that someone like TNT or ESPN would.

It’s why I’m skeptical of these sports leagues doing business with the Amazon and Netflix of the world.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I want this thread to be around in 2 years, once the NBC games start, so we can see the bytching about the NBC production after all these people wanted NBC to have the NBA so bad.

We arent gonna get the 90s-00s NBA. Marv Albert aint walking through that door. Jordan isnt playing in the games today. The people who produced NBA then arent there to produce it now.

Inside the NBA is the gold standard for highlight/analysis shows, and TNT does a great job of the games, so it will be a big loss.
If we had our choice we would get rid of ESPN/ABC instead of TNT
ESPN coverage is fukking awful
Halftime show is 2 minutes of content, 10 minutes of ads
There is no post game show
And they downgraded commentators for no reason

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It’s beneficial to both sides, but at the end of the day the NBA is about its money and not looking to leave any on the table. Streaming has helped put a pin in that.

On the otherhand, it’s definitely going to come into play as these streamers won’t have the same relationship with the NBA and won’t care nor understand potential league issues in the way that someone like TNT or ESPN would.

It’s why I’m skeptical of these sports leagues doing business with the Amazon and Netflix of the world.
What league issue did Amazon not get? I feel like this is a general statement but there’s not much teeth to it. Having familiarity with someone makes sense, sure, but the idea that these corporations are in some position of weakness or ignorance in understanding league issues doesn’t seem to have much merit to me. They hire individuals who are familiar with these sort of organizations. Moreover, WB is in this position precisely because its current head did not understand the impact of the NBA.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
If we had our choice we would get rid of ESPN/ABC instead of TNT
ESPN coverage is fukking awful
Halftime show is 2 minutes of content, 10 minutes of ads
There is no post game show
And they downgraded commentators for no reason
It wasn't for no reason.

Every white chick went racist. Every black chick was tap dancing too much for zaddy.

Then Paul pierce hired strippers and filmed it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
What league issue did Amazon not get? I feel like this is a general statement but there’s not much teeth to it. Having familiarity with someone makes sense, sure, but the idea that these corporations are in some position of weakness or ignorance in understanding league issues doesn’t seem to have much merit to me. They hire individuals who are familiar with these sort of organizations. Moreover, WB is in this position precisely because its current head did not understand the impact of the NBA.
Who do you think that the midseason tournament was created for and the why the league randomly got away from the load management eventhough they allowed it for years. It's also a reason why they were talking selling the midseason tournament a separate package at one point and time. It was obvious the moment that it was created.

The Amazon's of the world wouldn't care about the load management and how it could beneficial down the line come playoff time as those rights weren't going to pivot away from ESPN/ABC, so they wouldn't benefit from it.

These leagues know that these streaming services are chomping at the bit to add subscribers and content even if it means paying a premium for it that the other companies wouldn't.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

HES TALKING ABOUT MARK JACKSON
AND JEFF VAN GUNDY

:devil:
:evil:

Exactly
No clue wtf that guy was talking about
Breen/JVG/Jackson had great chemistry
Getting rid of JVG & Jackson for Doris Burke and Doc Rivers who immediately left to go coach again and we're left with JJ Redikk was a massive downgrade
Silver put in the call cause JVG & Jackson were too critical of the current product :yeshrug:

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re just saying shyt for the sake of saying shyt.

Do you actually LIKE ESPN’s horrible coverage??? Who would willing defend their trash ass NBA presentation & coverage?? The only good things about ESPN’s NBA coverage are Mike Breen & Hubie Brown. They literally fail hard against every other metric when compared to TNT. NBC would be an upgrade just off of their HD presentation alone, not to mention they’d have competent announcers and a halftime show that isn’t Screamin A Smith, Mike Wilbon, Perk & stuck up Malika Andrews.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Do you actually LIKE ESPN’s horrible coverage??? Who would willing defend their trash ass NBA presentation & coverage?? The only good things about ESPN’s NBA coverage are Mike Breen & Hubie Brown. They literally fail hard against every other metric when compared to TNT. NBC would be an upgrade just off of their HD presentation alone, not to mention they’d have competent announcers and a halftime show that isn’t Screamin A Smith, Mike Wilbon, Perk & stuck up Malika Andrews.
I'm hold off on assuming this, especially since whatever competent announcer you think you're getting is coming at the expense of losing Harlan, Eagle, etc.