NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I think they might utilize the USA Network for some weeknight games, and not just Peacock. USA Network is the default NBC cable channel when they have too many Premier League games or when they had playoff hockey games that they couldn't air on NBC. USA Network only has the WWE and the Premier League at the moment as far as live entertainment goes, so I would expect that channel to get some NBA games (maybe postseason games too).

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Dang, folks here don't like Inside the NBA?

The mass majority of the replies are saying they won't support if there's no Charles/Shaq:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I know that it might be too late for Paramount/CBS to insert themselves in the mix now that they're not letting anyone acquire them right now, but I wonder how this discussion would turn out if it they were included? I also wonder why Fox never tried to get in the mix as well?

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
I know that it might be too late for Paramount/CBS to insert themselves in the mix now that they're not letting anyone acquire them right now, but I wonder how this discussion would turn out if it they were included? I also wonder why Fox never tried to get in the mix as well?

Paramount/WBD bid would’ve have been enough to hold off Comcast imo, but CBS Sports has NFL, Big Ten, Golf, and CBB. They just don’t have the time slots available during the winter for the NBA. FOX is a very disciplined in terms of what they do business wise (selling off RSNs, no streaming services), they probably didn’t want to pay the high price for the NBA. Lachlan Murdoch said this last year on not being interested in NBA rights:

“I hate to disappoint [the league], but we are highly unlikely to bid on the NBA,” said Murdoch, who was speaking at the SVB MoffettNathanson Technology, Media and Telecom Conference.

“We look at our sports portfolio and try to balance it overall. And in doing so, I think it’s highly unlikely that we would bid on the NBA.”