NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I was listening to Chuck on ESPN1000 here in Chicago and he said he's in year 2 of his 10 year deal, but he noted that in his contract he has an out that if WBD ever lost the NBA he would effectively be a free agent.

I wonder if the others on the show have anything similar in their deals. They really would only have March Madness for basketball without the NBA, which obviously wouldn't be worth what they're being paid for
They don't have Chuck's pull

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They don't have Chuck's pull
That's what I was sensing. He also was like, he wants to know where he'd be working with NBC because he's not trying to leave Atlanta's weather for NYC during the basketball season.

But even if they don't have pull or have that in their deals, WBD would probably cut ties anyway because they wouldn't have the games on TNT. Unless they continue the show as a postgame show like Van Pelt's late night Sportscenter.

Shaq and Kenny aren't going to be covering golf or hockey, but have long term deals in place for Inside the NBA. WBD would be trying to get out of that 100%