NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:mjtf: Yes

What part of "they can put any WHITE guy in there to do the job" don't y'all understand?

This white guy would flourish moderating the moolies

Tirico.jpg
I forgot about Tirico at NBC in this situation. He was always great on NBA games. Gonna be good to have the Italian Stallion back in the mix.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
WB losing the NBA shouldn't even just result in Zaslav losing his job...he should never get another one as any companies' CEO and should force the industry to go back to have actual people who know the industry in these jobs.

nikka ran a fukkin reality show network.

how he was alloweed to be CEO after merging with WB is a joke.

making a season of a reality show for a million dollars is not the same as running a company with legacy IPS, scripted shows, and live sports.

Dude is a clown.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
nikka ran a fukkin reality show network.

how he was alloweed to be CEO after merging with WB is a joke.

making a season of a reality show for a million dollars is not the same as running a company with legacy IPS, scripted shows, and live sports.

Dude is a clown.

Yea you don't put the guy who ran the National Enquirer to run the NYTimes

Guy destroyed the Discovery & Learning Channel...I was too young to know what was going on bts but I even knew cash cab being on discovery was "off".

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can Zaslav license out Inside the NBA to other networks? He's already been doing that with HBO IP. That's why you see WBD content on Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.

Silver's already said he wants Inside the NBA everywhere. They've already pressure tested this with the cross-broadcast between ESPN and TNT for the In-Season Tourney.

Inside the NBA is obviously the best NBA show on mainstream television and a staple of the NBA in general. Silver has to find some path to continuing that somehow. Can the NBA buy it off of WBD and do whatever they want with it?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Can Zaslav license out Inside the NBA to other networks? He's already been doing that with HBO IP. That's why you see WBD content on Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.

Silver's already said he wants Inside the NBA everywhere. They've already pressure tested this with the cross-broadcast between ESPN and TNT for the In-Season Tourney.

Inside the NBA is obviously the best NBA show on mainstream television and a staple of the NBA in general. Silver has to find some path to continuing that somehow. Can the NBA buy it off of WBD and do whatever they want with it?
Unless the NBA pays NBC, Disney, or Amazon to use the show I don't see why they wouldn't use their own in house productions.

The best case is Shaq, Charles, and Kenny sign contracts with one of those networks imo.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Unless the NBA pays NBC, Disney, or Amazon to use the show I don't see why they wouldn't use their own in house productions.

The best case is Shaq, Charles, and Kenny sign contracts with one of those networks imo.
I was listening to Chuck on ESPN1000 here in Chicago and he said he's in year 2 of his 10 year deal, but he noted that in his contract he has an out that if WBD ever lost the NBA he would effectively be a free agent.

I wonder if the others on the show have anything similar in their deals. They really would only have March Madness for basketball without the NBA, which obviously wouldn't be worth what they're being paid for

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
WB losing the NBA shouldn't even just result in Zaslav losing his job...he should never get another one as any companies' CEO and should force the industry to go back to have actual people who know the industry in these jobs.
He's the highest paid executive