NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Deal is 10 yrs long. NBC playing the long game.

I will order peacock depending on how many NBA games they get. I assume peacock games will be blacked out like TNT.
Tnt games aren't blacked out, when baseball was on peacock, it wasn't blacked out.

Nba tv and mlb.tv games and tbs baseball are blacked out

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
:ehh: I ain't mad it. Inside the NBA is damn near an American sports staple at this point, but them nikkas won't live/work forever, gotta start planning a real transition at some point because no disrespect, and ensemble of Wade, Candace Parker, B-Diddy and whoever else ain't gone cut it. They don't have the charisma, they won't have the chemistry.

As long as they don't fukkin cater and have one of these useless bimbo broads hosting the show, or tbh even on the panels at all, this has the potential to be something.... again

EDIT: For all shyts and giggles, Doc should quit impersonating a head coach and step down to the booth for that position. I liked him back in the yay on the calls, and even this year

calh45

Cal
Daps
Deal is 10 yrs long. NBC playing the long game.

I will order peacock depending on how many NBA games they get. I assume peacock games will be blacked out like TNT.

For me, it depends on how they do it though. I bought Peacock initially for the Premier League and HATED it. I thought I was getting the whole thing, but they basically kept it Burnley vs Nottingham Forest on Peacock the whole time. If they put a bunch of games I don't care about on Peacock I'm not giving them money. I've learned my lesson with how goofy they can be with parsing content to get extra money out of folks.

That said, I agree with you that NBC will be fine. They have in-house infrastructure so their initial costs won't be crazy and even if the Peacock redirect goes terribly they can just put games on the primary channel to sell ads the old fashioned way. Amazon is the 3rd rail for the NBA. It has just as much chance as going bad like Apple with MLS as it does being a bump like NFL ticket with Youtube.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
TNT lose NBA media rights to NBC, report states

" With the current NBA media rights deal coming to an end, the basketball broadcasting landscape seems likely to undergo a huge shift.

A tremendous doubt has been cast on TNT's ability to retain the league's broadcasting rights recently, with The Athletic's Andrew Marchand revealing last week that TNT's parent company Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav has said they don't need the NBA.

It seems that TNT has already lost the race to broadcast the NBA. According to The Ringer's Bill Simmons, NBC will take over from TNT once the new media rights deal is signed.

Simmons announced on the latest episode of The Bill Simmons Podcast, claiming the deal is already done and the league is just waiting to announce it.

Amazon Prime has already been reported to join the group of broadcasters, receiving the Play-In Tournament and the In-Season Cup as part of the deal.

With TNT losing the battle, the crew of the famous Inside the NBA on TNT - Shaquille O'Neal, Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, and Ernie Johnson - are sure to be out of the TV screens starting with the 2025-26 season.

TNT has been the host of the NBA Finals for multiple years and a staple in NBA broadcasting
"

:mjcry: