NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
That's the other part about it..

Yea its funny to us "who he play for" and Shaq and Barkley banter..

But as the NBA you gotta be like :stopitslime: every time they shyt on the product. Calling the games boring or shyt like that..

After a while it gets corny.. we all had times watching "Inside" and we either can't hear/ understand Shaq monotone ass or hearing Barkley repeat the same talking point 5 times in a rant.. Sometimes it legit seemed like they didn't watch the NBA at all outside of the game they're broadcasting.

And as the NBA that's a no no for my product.

You would NEVER see an NFL show do or say the shyt ITN did about their league

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Charles being Charles :troll:
S5eqXapg.jpg

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
So people actually prefer ESPN's coverage over TNT's? :mjlol: Tell me you're a dummy without saying it haha
nikkas talking about being dummies yet in here spewing babble over no longer being able to tune into a show that admittedly didn’t even watch their own product :mjlol: This is the Barkely fan in a nutshell …they be proud of this type of shyt

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Trust me... this isn't going to be "cheaper" for consumers lol. I have all of these services but they are steady going up. By next year if you want to watch all of the NBA coverage... you will...

1. Have to have some sort of cable package for ESPN whether it's a $40 bundle from someone or whatever
2. Have to have Amazon which will likely be near $20 by then
3. Will have to have Peacock which will definitely be over $10 by then if not more.

That's $70/month or so at minimum for the first year. Most people will likely have ESPN/NBC and Amazon but I don't think Peacock is going to grow much

Yeah I just cancelled cable and did the math. It’s the same shyt if I want to watch everything. But if peacock stays under 10 I’ll keep it with Amazon and that’s it. I’m not paying over $10 for any of this shyt and definitely not for 3 or more.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

This is pitiful on WB’s part. They’re really trying to use a for the people angle as a huge conglomerate that lost the NBA because they didn’t want to pay up. They literally brought in Amazon because they didn’t want to pay as much lmao. Their legal case is shaky as fukk. They’re hoping the NBA settles and gives them some games. The NBA’s lawyers have been writing up their motion to dismiss from the jump. They researched the fukk out of this. I’m curious what venue they filed in.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trust me... this isn't going to be "cheaper" for consumers lol. I have all of these services but they are steady going up. By next year if you want to watch all of the NBA coverage... you will...

1. Have to have some sort of cable package for ESPN whether it's a $40 bundle from someone or whatever
2. Have to have Amazon which will likely be near $20 by then
3. Will have to have Peacock which will definitely be over $10 by then if not more.

That's $70/month or so at minimum for the first year. Most people will likely have ESPN/NBC and Amazon but I don't think Peacock is going to grow much
Realistically who is watching all of the NBA coverage? And $70 a month for TV in 2024 is a steal for those that arent up on the piracy wave. Some cable packages are $200. League pass is an option of you got one particular squad you are following. We live in a world of subscriptions and apps now. You got options and most people are throwing money away on something :manny:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This is pitiful on WB’s part. They’re really trying to use a for the people angle as a huge conglomerate that lost the NBA because they didn’t want to pay up. They literally brought in Amazon because they didn’t want to pay as much lmao. Their legal case is shaky as fukk. They’re hoping the NBA settles and gives them some games. The NBA’s lawyers have been writing up their motion to dismiss from the jump. They researched the fukk out of this. I’m curious what venue they filed in.

NY County Supreme Court