NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Amazon is cheaper than cable lol

Its ways legally to get amazon for free or discounted. Or pay 140 for the year

While u had to pay 50-100 bucks a month for tnt :mjlol:

Trust me... this isn't going to be "cheaper" for consumers lol. I have all of these services but they are steady going up. By next year if you want to watch all of the NBA coverage... you will...

1. Have to have some sort of cable package for ESPN whether it's a $40 bundle from someone or whatever
2. Have to have Amazon which will likely be near $20 by then
3. Will have to have Peacock which will definitely be over $10 by then if not more.

That's $70/month or so at minimum for the first year. Most people will likely have ESPN/NBC and Amazon but I don't think Peacock is going to grow much

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I mean the longevity of the show is unprecedented. They've had award winning coverage time after time. Ernie has been doing it since 1989. There are people who have worked at Turner for the last 2-3 decades. Charles is sticking up for them. That's what it is about.

Hundreds of jobs are gone this time next year.

I think what people are forgetting too is that the picture/audio quality on TNT is impeccable and on ESPN it's trash... That's not even a hot take. If anyone had to go, I would have loved for it to be ESPN. They are terrible and their whole panel is terrible.

But Adam Silver is in bed with the ESPN executives.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I mean the longevity of the show is unprecedented. They've had award winning coverage time after time. Ernie has been doing it since 1989. There are people who have worked at Turner for the last 2-3 decades. Charles is sticking up for them. That's what it is about.

Hundreds of jobs are gone this time next year.
Right and to add to that, it’s fine if they move on from them but you can’t expect them to not feel some type of way about it and you can’t expect the fans that are used to them to not feel some type of way about it. Like I said earlier just make sure they revamp the weak ass ESPN team and get some fresh young talent in there. The only person they should keep from espn is SAS them other women need to stick to wnba games and they need to get away from them other boring ass journalist and get some more ex players

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
More fans don't have access to Amazon, really. Because WBD was going to simulcast the games on Max and TNT. In total, that is very close to the supposed 200 million subscribers worldwide that Amazon has.
Lmao at going from “More fans don’t have more access to Amazon” to “welllllllll if you add two platforms together while ignoring their overlap in users you can almost get clooosse to amazons reach” :russ:

You nikkas need to give this shyt up it’s getting silly at this point

NBA just wants it to be streaming only and Chuck makes a good point. Everyone in media knows that this is a wild overpay for all parties involved, advertising dollars have fallen... meaning that by year 5 or 6 or 7 the reality is they will likely be losing money on these deals.
He didn’t have this argument when cable networks stole the NBA from over the air broadcasts 20 years ago ….lmao at this disingenuous ass arguments…it’s over nikka …these lies won’t matter when people forget about that c00n ass show you love so much :russ:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Trust me... this isn't going to be "cheaper" for consumers lol. I have all of these services but they are steady going up. By next year if you want to watch all of the NBA coverage... you will...

1. Have to have some sort of cable package for ESPN whether it's a $40 bundle from someone or whatever
2. Have to have Amazon which will likely be near $20 by then
3. Will have to have Peacock which will definitely be over $10 by then if not more.

That's $70/month or so at minimum for the first year. Most people will likely have ESPN/NBC and Amazon but I don't think Peacock is going to grow much
Having amazon is cheaper than having tnt

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lmao at going from “More fans don’t have more access to Amazon” to “welllllllll if you add two platforms together while ignoring their overlap in users you can almost get clooosse to amazons reach” :russ:

You nikkas need to give this shyt up it’s getting silly at this point

It's not crazy at all because Max is opening up in more countries next year so this idea of "reach" wasn't the driving force. It was because Amazon is willing to overpay while everyone else will be losing money

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

ESPN’s Burke Magnus​

JJ Redikk recently left ESPN to coach the Los Angeles Lakers. This is the second NBA analyst on your top team who’s left for an NBA job this year. Do you have a plan right now heading forward as to who will be the top NBA team next year?

As difficult as the decision was (to part ways) with Jeff (Van Gundy) and Mark (Jackson), we felt like we were very, very solid going into the season in both the game team and the studio. We had it solved in a really interesting and innovative way that we thought was going to last for several years with Doris Burke making history, stepping up to the “A” team, a proven, high-caliber broadcaster and Doc (Rivers). We even had our succession plan worked out with the “B” team, with Ryan Ruocco, JJ, and Richard Jefferson.

:mjlol:

And lol @ Doc basically sayin' "fucc y'all contract"

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It's not crazy at all because Max is opening up in more countries next year so this idea of "reach" wasn't the driving force. It was because Amazon is willing to overpay while everyone else will be losing money
from “they don’t have a bigger audience” to “wellllllll we fixin to be bigger sometime in the future” :russ: nikka stop …..TNT is old news cable viewership is getting smaller and smaller each year especially for that dead ass brand …. Miss me with this overpay shyt because all that admits is WB was too fukking broke to get a seat at the table ….broke boys don’t get a say so …sorry

And while you’re talking about losing money …how much did WB just lose by now having 0 nba product to offer ….