NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Puck News already confirmed that they have matching rights. You were wrong when you said this a week ago and you're wrong now. The question is to what extent do they have matching rights and whether it makes sense for them to use the matching rights given how much these packages are costing now...

Stop talking out your ass for no reason.
Why you arguing with me. You are talking out your ass while every real insider says the deal has been done. You just mad WBD lost.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I can post videos of people saying they don’t. We can go in circles all day. The deal is done. Get over it.

Who? Skipper? The same video you shared twice Lol. Puck News is more plugged into the current landscape than anyone else... Also, if the deals were "completed weeks ago" then why hasn't pen gone to paper...

Simple answer. Because the NBA is trying to figure out how the matching rights would work if WBD claimed to go after the "C" Amazon Package...

Also, I never said WBD would match. I said they have rights they can exercise if they choose to. They have 5 days after the deals are signed.

Why you are upset over this.... God only knows :mjlol:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Who? Skipper? The same video you shared twice Lol. Puck News is more plugged into the current landscape than anyone else... Also, if the deals were "completed weeks ago" then why hasn't pen gone to paper...

Simple answer. Because the NBA is trying to figure out how the matching rights would work if WBD claimed to go after the "C" Amazon Package...

Also, I never said WBD would match. I said they have rights they can exercise if they choose to. They have 5 days after the deals are signed.

Why you are upset over this.... God only knows :mjlol:
Who’s upset? I’m not. You replied to me. I know why you are sad:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Who’s upset? I’m not. You replied to me. I know why you are sad:mjcry:

It's clear who is upset... I've been right about this entire situation every step of the way. Also, the only opinion I shared was that ESPN's coverage is garbage and that's not going to change. NBC on the other hand I think would do very well with the NBA... Amazon, it's unclear.

You're trying to turn this thread into some weirdo stan shyt when we're talking about corporations :gucci:

All because you were wrong :dead:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's clear who is upset... I've been right about this entire situation every step of the way. Also, the only opinion I shared was that ESPN's coverage is garbage and that's not going to change. NBC on the other hand I think would do very well with the NBA... Amazon, it's unclear.

You're trying to turn this thread into some weirdo stan shyt when we're talking about corporations :gucci:

All because you were wrong :dead:
What are you talking about? You are the one talking about ass. I gave no opinions until that last tweet about WBD not bidding.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What are you talking about? You are the one talking about ass. I gave no opinions until that last tweet about WBD not bidding.

You came at me like I work for WBD. All I said was that your narrative doesn't add up. I don't think WBD will match NBC's offer of $2.5B because it's over $400M more than the price they were haggling over during the exclusive window.

So it seems that the only question is whether they have the right to match Amazon's "C" package which is reported to be $1.8B and there's been questions about whether they would be able to go for that or not.. that's why both sides appear to have their lawyers looking at the language of the contract.

Not sure why you're jumping out the window. Also, why would WBD float the idea of bidding on UFC which will not be cheap at all if they were uninterested in the NBA.. for what... Either way they have to keep up their sports portfolio or risk losing more ad dollars and carriage fee money

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You came at me like I work for WBD. All I said was that your narrative doesn't add up. I don't think WBD will match NBC's offer of $2.5B because it's over $400M more than the price they were haggling over during the exclusive window.

So it seems that the only question is whether they have the right to match Amazon's "C" package which is reported to be $1.8B and there's been questions about whether they would be able to go for that or not.. that's why both sides appear to have their lawyers looking at the language of the contract.

Not sure why you're jumping out the window. Also, why would WBD float the idea of bidding on UFC which will not be cheap at all if they were uninterested in the NBA.. for what... Either way they have to keep up their sports portfolio or risk losing more ad dollars and carriage fee money
No you said i was speaking out my ass when I only voiced my opinion after that last tweet about WBD not matching. That narrative does match up with what Bill Simmons has been saying and yes Skipper among other folks involved in this space. You might not agree with it and that’s ok, I don’t think Charles would be trashing WBD every chance he gets if this deal wasn’t already done. I don’t think Bill Simmons who we all know has contacts in the league office would be this sure. He even said today that WBD might give up the rights now and not even do the last season. I think Adam Silver will announce the new deal at the Finals press conference he does every year before the finals. I could be wrong but I’m not upset at all.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Do you guys know if any of these streaming services have a sport center type show?