NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
What does this even mean?
MLB and NHL and NFL websites are all their own shyt still. When did NBA.com stop being an NBA page and become a generic sports splash page?

Now that WBD/TNT is out they can maybe take their shyt back and actually try to make it engaging again.

Edit: Maybe my thing about the website is an international thing. I can get to NBA.com through a google search but not through the URL :what:

Last edited:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Don't get me wrong, a dollar is a dollar.. but when we are talking over 2 billion, what is 200 million? Or is Zaslav just purposely sandbagging the offer because he truly doesn't care.

And is anything officially signed regarding the other A/B/C packages? And they are just waiting for the D package before announcing it all?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Don't get me wrong, a dollar is a dollar.. but when we are talking over 2 billion, what is 200 million? Or is Zaslav just purposely sandbagging the offer because he truly doesn't care.

And is anything officially signed regarding the other A/B/C packages? And they are just waiting for the D package before announcing it all?
Nothing is signed yet

When things are signed, Zaslav had 5 days to match a third party offer.

He probably can’t match Comcast. Since WBD doesn’t have an over the air network like NBC.

But he can match Amazon.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Nothing is signed yet

He probably can’t match Comcast. Since WBD doesn’t have an over the air network like NBC.

But he can match Amazon.
So is the whole “WBD cannot match Amazon’s offer” (for whatever reason) not true?

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So is the whole “WBD cannot match Amazon’s offer” (for whatever reason) not true?
I think it’s untrue. WBD’s package is being broken up. I think they have a strong argument to retaining the package Amazon is getting.

Others don’t think they have a case. But I think it’s both sides leaking to reporters.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Nothing is signed yet

But he can match Amazon.

He likely can’t match Amazon either if what Puck News is reporting is correct that the C package is essentially streaming only. Prime Video>>>>>Max especially in terms of subs. NBA doesn’t want their games exclusively on Max and WBD would be foolish to think that would help their sub numbers on that. WBD imo is cooked unless FOX bails them out.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
He likely can’t match Amazon either if what Puck News is reporting is correct that the C package is essentially streaming only. Prime Video>>>>>Max especially in terms of subs. NBA doesn’t want their games exclusively on Max and WBD would be foolish to think that would help their sub numbers on that. WBD imo is cooked unless FOX bails them out.
If that’s true, that’s crazy!

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Whatever decision the NBA makes, they need to hurry up and do it as this situation is starting to take attention away from the playoffs and inevitably the Finals.
:mjlol: the East Finals are done

Mavs might sweep the TWolves

This media rights battle has more drama

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

That ain't gonna work for me, brother. If Zaslav says WBD is "matching" Amazon which I think is feasible since they already offered $2.1 Billion for the "B" package and the bald headed fakkit says "nope" I think it could wind up in court.