NBA 2k14...why we should be concerned about the next-gen versions

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Okay I'm excited like everybody else about the next-gen titles, but we have to be very objective about these launch games.

To start off sports games in general have several problems making the transition between current gen to next-gen the first go round. Usually the next gen versions are just a prettier version of a current gen game. Then there is the time issue that makes developers cut certain features from the next gen title that are on the current gen titles.

Recently I've become very worried about NBA 2k14 because #1 it wasn't playable @ E3. #2...2ksports just had their annual community team-up with youtube commentators who fly out and help developers fix issues with 2k...only problem is these guys didn't play the next-gen version of the game...only the current gen version.

I'm also going to take a good look at NBA LIVE 14 because it will truly be a next-gen game being they are not developing it for X-box 360 or PS3.

As far as the game itself goes I want certain things fixed...

Defensive close out speeds...They have to slow these down imo because that's simply not basketball having crack head defenders closing out @ top speeds to contest your shots.

Blocking Dunks....they have confirmed that we can finally block dunks again but we will see how it works because in NBA 2k12 you could block dunks but it was blocking with your elbow...toes...stomach etc.

Spacing...still seems off to me make the court bigger or something

MyTeam...great mode but poorly executed I would like to see it come back with improvements... mid-tier role player legends have got to be toned down...no reason for Dell Curry and Hersey Hawkins to go crazy like they were really allstars or something... increase shooting difficulty to deter people from building 3point shooting teams...makes people like Steve Novak and Mike Miller way more useful than they really are in real life....

Is it possible for sports games to have dedicated servers?...If so 2k should invest because they've have one of the worst on-line gaming servers ever.

Bring back the NBA greatest games ala NBA 2k11...bring more classic NBA teams....where the hell is Reggie Miller?

Add on brehs....

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
They not letting them play it cause they want the current gen version to sell as usual, if u show the next gen version now and it blows current gen out by leaps and bounds, alot of people will just wait until the next gen versions comes out, instead they can get some people to buy 2 copies of 2k this year, same wit madden, im not worried, and if they use xbox dedicated servers its a rap

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
I'm not expecting much from any of these next gen sports games to be honest. All I ask is that they don't give us watered down versions of the current gen as far as the features go. The graphics won't truly be "next gen" until the developers begin to solely focus on next gen systems and build new graphics engines based around the improved hardware. That usually takes a couple years....

Ivan Trillwater.

This dikk ain't freeeee
Daps
Reppin
Woodbury, MN and Dublin, OH
It's gonna take a couple games before we get a great next gen basketball game, like it was this past gen. I still think the games are gonna be good but there's gonna be a few kinks and graphic issues and stuff like that.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Sucks theres no backwards compatibility next gen cause if I can't find a console Im gonna have to wait to buy the game. I run 2k all year round so no way I'm gonna buy the PS3 version

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
- Implement something on MyPlayer Blacktop to stop all you hero-balling MoFo's from playing 1-on-3

- Decrease the power that the signature skills have. It truly does remind you that you're playing a video game and not a simulator when you're guarding someone who has 99 shooting and the Deadeye trait.

- Decrease the value of all the dunk and skill packages.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
You pretty much hit the nail on its head with all your concerns OP.

Spacing issues and defensive close outs is a huge problem, especially against the CPU.

But along with the things you mentioned, I'd like to see an overhaul to the association mode, it's been the same for over 5 years basically.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Two more issues I've come across that should be fixed:

- The rotations on MyCareer are still horrible. You could have scored 35 and can be up by 40 points at the start of the 4th and the coach still won't sit you. This makes getting through games extremely tedious.

- The other team double teaming you for the whole game is also ridiculous.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I also heard that PC won't be seeing next gen either this year. Expect some of the next gen sport titles to be half done. I would like a totally revamped gameplay and make the court bigger.