Nathan Fielder appreciation ("How to With John Wilson" every Friday at 11)

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A comedy genius. He already has sons too which is a testament to his influence. "Joe Pera Talks to You" and "How to With John Wilson" are also incredible. The "Scaffolding" episode is one of the best things I've seen all year. I'm eagerly anticipating the Nathan Fielder/Safdie Bros collab for Showtime which is expected sometime next year

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:salute: It's sad how unappreciated Nathan is, he is truly a genius. Nathan for You is the funniest show in recent memory. And Finding Frances is the most unique episode of T V ever made.

How to w/ John Wilson has been good. Actually the scaffolding episode is one of my least favorite. The most recent one How to cover furniture I think is the best one yet. There's one part in particular that had me crying. Won't mention it as not to spoil. Besides that one How to make Small Talk is my favorite ep. The memory one and scaffolding are the weakest. Not familiar with John Pera, what platform is that on?

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute: It's sad how unappreciated Nathan is, he is truly a genius. Nathan for You is the funniest show in recent memory. And Finding Frances is the most unique episode of T V ever made.

How to w/ John Wilson has been good. Actually the scaffolding episode is one of my least favorite. The most recent one How to cover furniture I think is the best one yet. There's one part in particular that had me crying. Won't mention it as not to spoil. Besides that one How to make Small Talk is my favorite ep. The memory one and scaffolding are the weakest. Not familiar with John Pera, what platform is that on?

Adult swim. You can watch every episode on HBOMAX and the free Adult Swim app

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:
My mans that dude just had his dikk out and a pulley attached the the bedframe. What theeee fukk :why:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just finished season 2 of "How To With John Wilson"

He's a comedic genius that has a way of tying in a silly idea with poignant moments. The battery episode becoming a statement about how society discards the 'trash' of sexual offenders in a nuclear waste is some masterful narrative skills. I know there's a shyt ton of jokey subtle references that went over my head, because it takes a second to register for the ones I do get, like in How To Dream, he discusses his disdain for dreams while passing a store called Sopranos. Unless you saw Sopranos and heard the critiques about Tony going into LalaLand, it's a throwaway reference that goes over your head.

He has pre-HBO videos on his website if yall are interested. How To Make it in Reality TV was especially good. The teacher is this weird mix of coming across like a swindler, and also giving good advice and constructing reality tv tropes that networks are looking for.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
I remember watching Nathan for you off a whim while I was high one night watching it on CC. I choked that shyt was so funny. Watched all the episodes and this style of comedy never gets old to me. You kinda gotta know what you getting into because as mentioned before some of it can go over ppl head.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I remember watching Nathan for you off a whim while I was high one night watching it on CC. I choked that shyt was so funny. Watched all the episodes and this style of comedy never gets old to me. You kinda gotta know what you getting into because as mentioned before some of it can go over ppl head.
Same, I was visiting a relative out of state and all she had was basic cable. I had seen previously while flipping channels he made a fake Bachelor show as a prank and thought that was mildly amusing. I didn't really watch it more than like 5 minutes tho.
So I say down and watched the episode with the Ghost realtor and was crying it was so funny. I was a fan since.
He is the king of cringe and akwardness to the point he makes viewers uncomfortable. I have a friend I put on to Nathan For You who loves it but his wife hates it. Whenever he watched she yells, "THIS IS NOT FUNNY!" Which alone is hilarious. :mjlol:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Same, I was visiting a relative out of state and all she had was basic cable. I had seen previously while flipping channels he made a fake Bachelor show as a prank and thought that was mildly amusing. I didn't really watch it more than like 5 minutes tho.
So I say down and watched the episode with the Ghost realtor and was crying it was so funny. I was a fan since.
He is the king of cringe and akwardness to the point he makes viewers uncomfortable. I have a friend I put on to Nathan For You who loves it but his wife hates it. Whenever he watched she yells, "THIS IS NOT FUNNY!" Which alone is hilarious. :mjlol:
Yesss that’s the thing if you not into that comedy you will automatically think it’s not funny.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Never watched Nathan For You but How to With John Wilson is one of the best shows on television. Two superb seasons.

InterestedNow

Rookie
Daps
He is the king of cringe and akwardness to the point he makes viewers uncomfortable.

I arrived at this thread because I searched the- Coli for "Joe Pera". That show is very insightful and puts me at ease. I don't really consider it cringe.

How to with John Wilson is a classic (modern day).

I like that clip that's in the OP. I've never watched any of this Nathan guy's shows, but if he's the OG of this, then I'm definitely going to check them out.

As far as what I quoted above, the most US-based cringe-comedy stuff out right now is Netflix's "I think you should leave" and TBS's "CHAD" (although this is a different style of show altogether).

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I arrived at this thread because I searched the- Coli for "Joe Pera". That show is very insightful and puts me at ease. I don't really consider it cringe.

How to with John Wilson is a classic (modern day).

I like that clip that's in the OP. I've never watched any of this Nathan guy's shows, but if he's the OG of this, then I'm definitely going to check them out.

As far as what I quoted above, the most US-based cringe-comedy stuff out right now is Netflix's "I think you should leave" and TBS's "CHAD" (although this is a different style of show altogether).
If you like John Wilson you will like Nathan. He can be akward and cringe but there is so much more to his stuff than that.