Nate Robinson Needs A Kidney

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Sad. Hope the breh pulls through.

How difficult is it to match a kidney? Especially considering living donors…

What’s the main criteria? Blood Type? One would think that someone in his family would be a suitable living donor for him?

But I’m likely way oversimplifying the process.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
My kidney served my mother for 22 years. Average is ~10 years. She's now on dialysis 3 days/week and doing fine. The whole process of matching and all that took about 2 weeks. Operation took about 6 hours, me first. Recovery took about 2 months.
That Dialysis bruh. shyt is a death sentence.
Nah. Mom's been fine for 20 years on dialysis. I thought the same as you before I spoke with doctors and techs. It's come a long way.​

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Sad. Hope the breh pulls through.

How difficult is it to match a kidney? Especially considering living donors…

What’s the main criteria? Blood Type? One would think that someone in his family would be a suitable living donor for him?

But I’m likely way oversimplifying the process.
This is what I'm wondering too

My mother gave one of her kidneys to a relative, make-a-wish foundation sent both of em on a trip to meet the Heatles, the whole process seemed pretty quick

It's crazy no one in his blood family or extended basketball family matched up for the transfer :mjcry: I'd be pissed

At this point he might be better off offering someone money :yeshrug: it must be illegal or something though, no way he didn't already think of that

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
My kidney served my mother for 22 years. Average is ~10 years. She's now on dialysis 3 days/week and doing fine. The whole process of matching and all that took about 2 weeks. Operation took about 6 hours, me first. Recovery took about 2 months.

Nah. Mom's been fine for 20 years on dialysis. I thought the same as you before I spoke with doctors and techs. It's come a long way.​
God bless to Moms
but man, I work in a hospital, them folk do not be looking good
Breaks my heart specially seeing younger cats too :mjcry:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

Dialysis is a very very challenging thing to go through with lots of complications. Peace and blessings to your mom and her strength.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

That’s good to know. My uncle is on the line right before dialysis and he’s high key nervous.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
God bless to Moms
but man, I work in a hospital, them folk do not be looking good
Breaks my heart specially seeing younger cats too :mjcry:
The ones not looking too good are probably not following directions as far as diet, fluid intake, med usage, etc. Can't do everything you used to with functioning kidneys.​
Dialysis is a very very challenging thing to go through with lots of complications. Peace and blessings to your mom and her strength.
Thanks. Luckily no complications. She just takes a nap after a session and is up for the rest of the day.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
That’s good to know. My uncle is on the line right before dialysis and he’s high key nervous.
Tell him stop bullshytting, listen to doctors, and take better care of himself. It can be avoided in most cases just by reading the ingredients on food packaging and light exercise.​

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
my grandfather was on dialysis before he got out of here. i dont wish that shyt on anyone. that shyt is so mentally and physically draining on the person.
My mom use to run a few dialysis clinics and I agree. Its just not a great environment. huge chairs and machines lining either wall, and you gotta go in multiple times per week? You gotta get stuck with a needle every time.