Nas signing to Def Jam...good idea.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Its pretty clear now that was the best decision he could make in 2006...dude is everywhere right now. He's more mainstream today than he has been since Stillmatic and its pretty much 100% due to signing to Def Jam...

And this is a dude who supposedly fell off in 1997, 15 years ago. :ahh:

But despite Nas's personal and financial struggles he's always been great at looking out for self. Just look at how quick he jumped off that Murder Inc ship.

And Nas owes his stans something too. Cuz the mainstream hip hop media has literally done nothing but sh!t on him for a decade plus. But the fanbase has single handedly supported his career...

:smugdraper:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
What's he doing now thanks to Def Jam that he couldn't do with any other major label?...most stuff outside of your actual music being worked and marketed as far as being "out there" is really moreso up to your management more than whatever label your signed to...I think he's back fukking with Stoute...it's not Def Jam getting him placements on albums from acts on different labels or getting him video modeling gigs

Not that it wasn't a good idea...cause from what i remember they gave him so crazy loot for his deal...just that the extra grind as far as him being more visible as of late is prolly coming from him and his personal reps for financial reasons

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
What's he doing now thanks to Def Jam that he couldn't do with any other major label?...most stuff outside of your actual music being worked and marketed as far as being "out there" is really moreso up to your management more than whatever label your signed to...I think he's back fukking with Stoute...it's not Def Jam getting him placements on albums from acts on different labels or getting him video modeling gigs

Not that it wasn't a good idea...cause from what i remember they gave him so crazy loot for his deal
I just assumed it was Def Jam.His management, Stoute...whoever is putting him out there like that. Kudos to them.

But if it was on Atlantic he'd be doing duets with Hayley Mills and the chick from Evanescense to sell records. And Interscope he'd be sitting on the shelf waiting to underwhelm like all Interscope releases.

Whoever it is gets the props.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
I think Nas being in the mainstream now has more to do with Nas than Def Jam itself.

Seems like he's more willing to hop on records, appear in videos etc. now than before.

Nas is a hip hop staple, he didnt need Def Jam to be relevant, hell Def Jam is barely relevant now.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I just assumed it was Def Jam cuz I don't all these artists were clamoring to do songs with him in the past and put him in videos and he was just turning them down. I feel like he's getting a huge push from something or somebody...like Eddie Guerroro in the WWE...

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I feel like he's getting a huge push from something or somebody...

kelis-300x300.jpg

Alimony and child support is a bytch...up until he lately he was the chill lay low "Nah...I don't that Coors advertising campaign, I'm good" type dude...he's been signed to def jam for 6 years, but he's just as of late come under new financial pressure