Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Aside from the obvious excitement of this finally potentially coming to fruition, this was my first thought.

All the bullshyt we've been reading all these years from the Nas stans on this board about how that 90s shyt is dead, nobody wants to hear washed up Preemo beats, dusty n*ggas living in the past, blah blah blah will go completely out the window if this album finally happens.

Which stans said this:birdman:, Def wasn't me

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The industry and fans of hip hop should be appreciative and lucky to have a GREAT artist like Nas still wanting to create music for himself and hip hop fans.

Y’all already doubting, talking down on former projects and showing just how azz backwards y’all are as hip hop fans.

No wonder hip hop is currently a clown & gossiping podcast show full of jokesters bc the fans are so fuking unserious about the art form.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The industry and fans of hip hop should be appreciative and lucky to have a GREAT artist like Nas still wanting to create music for himself and hip hop fans.

Y’all already doubting, talking down on former projects and showing just how azz backwards y’all are as hip hop fans.

No wonder hip hop is currently a clown & gossiping podcast show full of jokesters bc the fans are so fuking unserious about the art form.

This thread is full of people hype to have Nas drop something stop focusing on the people who are whining

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Which stans said this:birdman:, Def wasn't me
All of these nikkaz said it

They defended HitBoys mid ass beats and shytted on Nas old producers

This thread just prove they gonna dikksukk anything and go with whatever narrative

Finally we getting MidBoys wack ass out the paint - finally impactful drums and meaningful samples

:blessed: :blessed: :blessed:

Daps
Not from me, when was the last time Premo made a great beat?

Preemo is the GOAT for a reason. He's not just coasting on legacy alone. Not producing as much as he was a decade or 2 ago, but he still puts out quality product.

From last year alone we got:

But my comment wasn't necessarily about Preem's quality or ability moreso than an indictment of the Nas conglomerate on here, which is basically - if Nas ain't fukking with X,Y, or Z at that very moment (for whatever reason. It could be a completely benign reason), then X, Y, Z by default ain't shyt because whatever Nas is doing at that very moment is pure and perfect and the pinnacle of human achievement.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Will be curious to hear how many samples are on the album. Will Premo be handcuffed for budget/clearance/etc issues on an independent album or is this gonna be a "fukk it go all out" type thing.