Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
J cole is the type of guy that wants to have his feet in both worlds. He wants to be respected by the hip hop heads, but at the same time wants to make music for the trap/pop fans and be in their world too. It's quite confusing

Sounds like what people used to say about Nas…

Cole has proven himself a well rounded individual as an artist. He can do both. And has proven he can do it a tad bit more successfully than even Kendrick.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
That nikka tried to call Nas a POS for "allegedly" fighting Kelis while defending reputed abusers in YoungBoy and XXX

Fukk Jermaine Cole and everything he stand for. He a bytch ass nikka
Whoa! When was this? Last Nas/J Cole interaction I heard of, Cole made a song talking about he let Nas down :mjlol:

Now I'm reading Cole called Nas a POS!? :wtf: :dahell:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Then why even release a diss in the first place?

They gassed him to.

I don’t think he wanted to do it. But in this climate, you can't even throw a diss out on some MC sh*t anymore because your whole personal life is gonna exposed on the reply. So Q had to put him on like "Chill". I think he could see where it was going.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don’t want to shift the focus from Nas and Primo, but the reason why Cole bowed out and said sorry to Dot was because he has wild dirt that would expose how fake his persona is, and he didn't want all his moves behind the scenes to get out.

Bro knew that if sh*t got thick, mad sh*t about him was gonna come out that would destroy the entire story he's been telling for years. So he had to wave that white flag and sit down. He's a fraudulent bum.

Hell, Dot already knows that man. Shout outs to Letty...
:mjlol:

I'll give Cole credit for coming clean on partially how he was moving when he dropped the KOD album. He basically exposed some of his demons, same shyt Kendrick did on Mr Morale. But...yea.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Grain of salt

There's probably some truth to the fact that they have been working on the album for a long time, Nas spoke about a surprise project before KD1 dropped and the "mum's the word on the premier" little phrase he said in the interview with Torae while he was promoting KD1 wasn't innocent.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Grain of salt

I would Hate for David Kim to master/engineer Nas projects again. It's my only issue with the Nas/Hitboy Era. I think it was less noticeable on KD3 and Magic 1, but overall Nas' voice seems to "hover" over the beats. Go listen to Life is Good, and notice the striking difference in the engineering. There, Nas' voice sounds evenly layered on the beat or even "behind" the beat. Just sounds way smoother and crisp. I'm not a sound engineer so don't know the proper terms to describe it, but it's very noticeable.

Even on "Define My Name", the improvement is noticeable from Premo's team/engineer.

Last edited:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I would Hate for David Kim to master/engineer Nas projects again. It's my only issue with the Nas/Hitboy Era. I think it was less noticeable on KD3 and Magic 1, but overall Nas' voice seems to "hover" over the beats. Go listen to Life is Good, and notice the striking difference in the engineering. There, Nas' voice sounds evenly layered on the beat or even "behind" the beat. Just sounds way smoother and crisp. I'm not a sound engineer so don't know the proper terms to describe it, but it's very noticeable.

Even on "Define My Name", the improvement is noticeable from Premo's team/engineer.

The guy cool but when I listened to his interview it's clear that he's kinda new to this. They should have brought back Eddie Sancho